Cam MTB - the Cambridge Mountain Bikers' Forum

Click on the "return to website" button to see our new website with loads more details of who we are, where and when we ride and much more.

DISCLAIMER. MOUNTAIN BIKING CAN BE DANGEROUS. YOU JOIN US AT YOUR OWN RISK.

SAFETY BRIEFING.

• Wear a helmet. Despite recent advances in medical science, brains still cannot be mended nor replaced.
  • Wear gloves or mitts. Hands often hit the ground first. Cuts and grazes invite infection and a hospital visit.
  • Wear eye protection, it only takes a twig or thorn to lose an eye. Crud catchers are a good idea in mucky weather.
  • When downhilling, for your own protection, allow plenty of space behind the rider in front.
  • Bring a bare minimum emergency tool kit and a spare inner tube.
  • Breakdowns are a bore. Plan not to have any by ensuring your bike is in perfect working order.
  • Punctures are also tedious. You can minimise them by fitting latex tubes, slime tubes or running tubeless tyres.

Photo: CAMMTB Winter 2022-23 rides have been posted up - please click on the Runs List link..

CAMMTB Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Blue Ball tonight

anyone out, the mud should be suitably sticky...

Re: Blue Ball tonight

Me too, reckon it's going to be crisp n dry

Yeah, I'm up for it - but can we please not go West again into the Terra Lutulentus, but rather stick to Patrium Calxus. Otherwise I'll have another hissy fit and take my toys home!

Dom

Yep, I'm riding.

I'm out-was bone-dry on Sunday-got home with a layer of dust on the bike-what's that all about? compare that to Tuesday's clagfest-English climate 'eh--got to love it-

I've got several layers of dust on my bike at the mo. Hope to be out later tho'.

Poetic, ain't I?

We'd really appreciate it if next time you post to this forum, while writing, if you can
You make it scan

If, like you, I had the time,
My poems would scan as well as rhyme,
But as I struggle to find a minute,
You'll get what you're given,
That's fair enough, innit?

There was a young man on a bike
Who wanted to get into a fight
He said "How unfair
That as a writer of verse that could set the world on fire
I get told it's a load of sh$te"

Currently on train; hope to make it.

PT

I'll be there

I made a train once. I love Lego.

Unfortunately this train wasn't made of Lego else it might not have been so late. No chance of making it tonight now.

Might make it in Thursday's rain.

PT