Cam MTB - the Cambridge Mountain Bikers' Forum

Click on the "return to website" button to see our new website with loads more details of who we are, where and when we ride and much more.

DISCLAIMER. MOUNTAIN BIKING CAN BE DANGEROUS. YOU JOIN US AT YOUR OWN RISK.

SAFETY BRIEFING.

• Wear a helmet. Despite recent advances in medical science, brains still cannot be mended nor replaced.
  • Wear gloves or mitts. Hands often hit the ground first. Cuts and grazes invite infection and a hospital visit.
  • Wear eye protection, it only takes a twig or thorn to lose an eye. Crud catchers are a good idea in mucky weather.
  • When downhilling, for your own protection, allow plenty of space behind the rider in front.
  • Bring a bare minimum emergency tool kit and a spare inner tube.
  • Breakdowns are a bore. Plan not to have any by ensuring your bike is in perfect working order.
  • Punctures are also tedious. You can minimise them by fitting latex tubes, slime tubes or running tubeless tyres.

Photo: CAMMTB Winter 2022-23 rides have been posted up - please click on the Runs List link..

CAMMTB Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Chain Reaction Cycles - a reduction you might be interested in

Hi All,

Follow the website link on the bottom of this posting if you're after a new cassette. CRC are selling the SRAM PG970 for £18 incl postage; RRP is £64.99.

I picked up two of them plus a PC971 chain for £42.99 (incl my £10 loyalty voucher).

PT

Re: Chain Reaction Cycles - a reduction you might be interested in

what's a cassette ?

Are these of good quality? only thinking im TDK,DOOh

Mark T Cycles - reductions you might be interested in

I am in the process of stripping my new Orange Five to fit new parts. Everything is brand new and unused.
Items for sale include:

Fox Float 32RL 140mm 15mm qr axle forks with Tapered Steerer (including Cane Creek zero stack headset) £450

Hope Pro2 Hubs (6 bolt) on Mavic XM317 Rims (15mm front axle, standard QR rear) £150

Hope Tech X2 Disc Brakes with braided hoses (includes 183/160 6 Bolt rotors and adaptors) £250

Shimano SLX 10 speed shifters £50, triple chainset & bb £110, front mech £20, chain & cassette £50

Shimano XT Shadow 10 speed rear mech £40

Maxxis Advantage 2.25 tyres £25

SDG Bel Air saddle (cr-mo rails) £10

Interested?

07899 965536
m dot tallack at ntlworld dot com

Re: Mark T Cycles - reductions you might be interested in

Hi Mark

I'll take the saddle if it's still available? I'm in the US at the moment, not back till March 14th - hope you can wait that long for the tenner!

Cheers - see you soon
Dom

Not selling the bars, stem and seatpost, Mark? That's a bit of an oversight....

Actually, I am, but not 'til the bike's (re)built!

Make us jealous by telling us your new spec.

In fact, since you've clearly (if you've read the website, like me) bought an Orange Five Pro, why didn't you just get the frame instead? Was it availability?

PT

It's a long (and not very interesting) story.

Duncan,
a cassette is one of those funny plastic things that used to melt in the sun if you left them on the seat of the car.
they are of the vintage of vynil and betamax video recorders and whnt to the place in the sky where all things end up....you know like video2000, vhs, mini disks, DAT, and single speeds

Nah Pat, Duncan has an eight track in his passion wagon!!

Is that like a secret 8-speed rear wheel, derailler and chain for when his singlespeed really pisses him off?