Cam MTB - the Cambridge Mountain Bikers' Forum

Click on the "return to website" button to see our new website with loads more details of who we are, where and when we ride and much more.

DISCLAIMER. MOUNTAIN BIKING CAN BE DANGEROUS. YOU JOIN US AT YOUR OWN RISK.

SAFETY BRIEFING.

• Wear a helmet. Despite recent advances in medical science, brains still cannot be mended nor replaced.
  • Wear gloves or mitts. Hands often hit the ground first. Cuts and grazes invite infection and a hospital visit.
  • Wear eye protection, it only takes a twig or thorn to lose an eye. Crud catchers are a good idea in mucky weather.
  • When downhilling, for your own protection, allow plenty of space behind the rider in front.
  • Bring a bare minimum emergency tool kit and a spare inner tube.
  • Breakdowns are a bore. Plan not to have any by ensuring your bike is in perfect working order.
  • Punctures are also tedious. You can minimise them by fitting latex tubes, slime tubes or running tubeless tyres.

Photo: CAMMTB Winter 2022-23 rides have been posted up - please click on the Runs List link..

CAMMTB Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Summer Runslist

Not wishing to preempt the work of the Coven or anything, but we're not far off requiring a summer runslist (hooray!) so I thought I'd get the ball rolling with some ideas.

I'm happy to lead Bartlow or Bust and/or Wander to Walden rides if people fancy.

Mark T volunteered to lead an unusual sounding Show Us Yours ride.

Bowesy suggested a ride starting out towards Elmdon way (reachable by car/van) so we can ride some trails we don't often reach.

Another possibility is to catch a train and ride home -Liverpool St line to Newport or Elsenham is a nice ride back to Cambridge. The Kings Cross line would get us to somewhere like Ashwell or Baldock for a blat back along the Icknield Way to parts more familiar.

Other ideas?

Paul

Re: Summer Runslist

Hi Paul,

We've already kicked the process off and we'll chuck these (very good) ideas into the pot.

Any ideas for a name for the train and bike ride? "WAGN's Role"? "The First Capital Connection"?

Regards

PT

Re: Summer Runslist

Pale Rider

Any ideas for a name for the train and bike ride? "WAGN's Role"?

Arf!

Great Suggestions

I particularly like the train to Newport/Elsenham back to Cambridge. and Elmdon a circular route from the Pub Car park?

Tom R

Re: Great Suggestions

I'd like to Dial in to that Elmdon ride...

Re: Great Suggestions

Rich Mills has an off road route that takes him from Cambridge to High Lodge Brandon then back by train, i'm sure if we ply him with enough beer he would give us the reverse route.