Cam MTB - the Cambridge Mountain Bikers' Forum

Click on the "return to website" button to see our new website with loads more details of who we are, where and when we ride and much more.

DISCLAIMER. MOUNTAIN BIKING CAN BE DANGEROUS. YOU JOIN US AT YOUR OWN RISK.

SAFETY BRIEFING.

• Wear a helmet. Despite recent advances in medical science, brains still cannot be mended nor replaced.
  • Wear gloves or mitts. Hands often hit the ground first. Cuts and grazes invite infection and a hospital visit.
  • Wear eye protection, it only takes a twig or thorn to lose an eye. Crud catchers are a good idea in mucky weather.
  • When downhilling, for your own protection, allow plenty of space behind the rider in front.
  • Bring a bare minimum emergency tool kit and a spare inner tube.
  • Breakdowns are a bore. Plan not to have any by ensuring your bike is in perfect working order.
  • Punctures are also tedious. You can minimise them by fitting latex tubes, slime tubes or running tubeless tyres.

Photo: CAMMTB Winter 2022-23 rides have been posted up - please click on the Runs List link..

CAMMTB Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Waggon & Horses tonight / new arrival

is anyone out tonight?

i won't be riding as my Scott is in pieces at the moment, oh yes, i'm also looking after my wife and new son.

Connor Luke Hills, 6lb 8oz, born Monday night at 8:20pm, and it looks as if he has inherited my legs, be afraid, be very afraid.

i will try to get to the Waggon & Horses for a cheeky pint with anyone who is out.

Re: Waggon & Horses tonight / new arrival

Congratulations Pat!

I won't be out to wet the baby's head as it's my birthday today and am therefore forbidden from riding since it would interfere with the lavish dinner she's cooking tonight

I am hoping to skive of work early and get a cheeky spin in first though.

Paul

Congratulations Pat!! And your wife, of course.

If Connor's inherited your legs, what will you be using? Arf!

Oh...should be out tonight.

PT

Congratulations Pat - hope you can make it out to wet the baby's head, if not, we'll see you in 16 years or so...

Congratulations Pat. I should be out for a ride this evening so hopefully see you for a pint.

Well done Pat!
A baby seat on the back of your Spark should slow you down nicely!
Of course, you do realize you're gonna need a bigger rucksack...

Later

Puncture Tw@t!

Dear All
Final count: 4 punctures. Thanks for your patience. My first ride with inner tubes this year!!!
Shame I didn't make it to the pub, but what was the point anyway? One more week of abstinence, then a week of absynth...

See you next time.

Re: Puncture Tw@t!

A pleasure to help you out, and even more of a pleasure to be smug, running latex tubes.

Thanks for not showing me the back way on the way home. Fnarr, fnarr!

PT

Was that a record for punctures?
Mark x 4
Ali x 1
Ed x 1
Michael x 1
Tony x 1
Smug Pasty none

Who was it that suggested going that way to Milton?

Speaking of which...

...last night, on my way home, I found a round piece of black plastic, about 7" in diameter, with a hole in the middle.

Is this a record?

Re: Speaking of which...

With that diameter, only if you were on a single speed.

Paul

Since it's only my word against his, I think it was Paul's idea.

PT

To be honest I think it was my suggestion although I didn't lead the charge across thorny meadow.
Just fixed 4 punctures - I'm surprised I made it to the pub.

i guess it must have been a late one as i left Milton at about 10.15pm andthere was no sign of you guys.

i will probably be out this thursday, with Latex tubes.

Hi Pat
I think we got there (well 6 of us did at least) at 10.20 so we must have just missed you.
Paul

Doh!

see you this thursday,the inlaws are here so i won't.