Cam MTB - the Cambridge Mountain Bikers' Forum

Click on the "return to website" button to see our new website with loads more details of who we are, where and when we ride and much more.

DISCLAIMER. MOUNTAIN BIKING CAN BE DANGEROUS. YOU JOIN US AT YOUR OWN RISK.

SAFETY BRIEFING.

• Wear a helmet. Despite recent advances in medical science, brains still cannot be mended nor replaced.
  • Wear gloves or mitts. Hands often hit the ground first. Cuts and grazes invite infection and a hospital visit.
  • Wear eye protection, it only takes a twig or thorn to lose an eye. Crud catchers are a good idea in mucky weather.
  • When downhilling, for your own protection, allow plenty of space behind the rider in front.
  • Bring a bare minimum emergency tool kit and a spare inner tube.
  • Breakdowns are a bore. Plan not to have any by ensuring your bike is in perfect working order.
  • Punctures are also tedious. You can minimise them by fitting latex tubes, slime tubes or running tubeless tyres.

Photo: CAMMTB Winter 2022-23 rides have been posted up - please click on the Runs List link..

CAMMTB Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Royal Wedding or MTB trip away [:D]

My worst nightmare will be having to endure the royal wedding so am thinking of arranging a MTB trip away. Options are:

Weekend trip (4 days) to Wales or even Scotland (7 Stanes) if anybody feel adventurous.

2 day trip if 4 days can not be done due to the BH weekend. (Wive / Girlfirend Commitments or maybe both). Possible candidates: Peak District, North Downs, Wales

1 day trip (start early, get back late): Peak District / North Downs.

I am definitely going and will be arranging a venue pretty soon so if any of you guys would like to tag along, you are more than welcome.

Cheers

Clem

Re: Royal Wedding or MTB trip away [:D]

So I am guessing there are no takers for a BH weekend trip then. If you are interested then send me a mail.

Clem

Sorry got to go and see the mOther in law. Buggery bollocks
Ps Innerleithen was crap last weekend

Leave Ade at the Mother in Laws and come for a ride with me.

Fancy a day in Afan or Black Mountains.

Clem

Not such a bad idea, haha. Might ask him!