Cam MTB - the Cambridge Mountain Bikers' Forum

Click on the "return to website" button to see our new website with loads more details of who we are, where and when we ride and much more.

DISCLAIMER. MOUNTAIN BIKING CAN BE DANGEROUS. YOU JOIN US AT YOUR OWN RISK.

SAFETY BRIEFING.

• Wear a helmet. Despite recent advances in medical science, brains still cannot be mended nor replaced.
  • Wear gloves or mitts. Hands often hit the ground first. Cuts and grazes invite infection and a hospital visit.
  • Wear eye protection, it only takes a twig or thorn to lose an eye. Crud catchers are a good idea in mucky weather.
  • When downhilling, for your own protection, allow plenty of space behind the rider in front.
  • Bring a bare minimum emergency tool kit and a spare inner tube.
  • Breakdowns are a bore. Plan not to have any by ensuring your bike is in perfect working order.
  • Punctures are also tedious. You can minimise them by fitting latex tubes, slime tubes or running tubeless tyres.

Photo: CAMMTB Winter 2022-23 rides have been posted up - please click on the Runs List link..

CAMMTB Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Six of the best!

Anyone riding tonight?

Mild and dry with a moderate southerly, apparently. That's my accent, not the weather, of course.

PT

Re: Six of the best!

Yep, planning on riding.

See you all at Brookside, barring disasters.

Paul

Was hoping to make it out tonight, but doesn't look like I'll be able to make it - hopefully next week!!

Should be out tonight. Tony

Congrats on your TT placing yesterday Rich. I was less than pleased with my time, but hey...

Paul

i'm riding tonight, now do i bring my Scott with the summer tyres or the Cannondale with the road slicks???

on the wrong side of 40 and loosing ground one day at a time!

Alison and I (note the moderate southerly grammar) have got our lights on charge.

I may not be out if I can't make up my mind between narrow winter tyres front and rear on a full suspension, narrow winter front tyre and medium width spring/autumn rear on a full suspension, medium width spring/autumn front and rear on a round-town clunker, narrow winter front tyre and Conti GP4000 Force slick road rear on a full-on carbon race bike, etc.

And then there's the clothing issue...

See some of you later!

Dom

Paul D
Congrats on your TT placing yesterday Rich. I was less than pleased with my time, but hey...

Paul

Thanks - your chain did drop off going up the hill, so that must have cost you a chunk of time ....

I've not been out for a week or two... How's the ground/mud?

Do we break out the summer tyres yet?

Fraser - I expect it'll be fine on summer tyres. Hope so, anyway...

Paul

i've been on summer tyres for the last 20 months and it hasn't stopped me yet.