Cam MTB - the Cambridge Mountain Bikers' Forum

Click on the "return to website" button to see our new website with loads more details of who we are, where and when we ride and much more.

DISCLAIMER. MOUNTAIN BIKING CAN BE DANGEROUS. YOU JOIN US AT YOUR OWN RISK.

SAFETY BRIEFING.

• Wear a helmet. Despite recent advances in medical science, brains still cannot be mended nor replaced.
  • Wear gloves or mitts. Hands often hit the ground first. Cuts and grazes invite infection and a hospital visit.
  • Wear eye protection, it only takes a twig or thorn to lose an eye. Crud catchers are a good idea in mucky weather.
  • When downhilling, for your own protection, allow plenty of space behind the rider in front.
  • Bring a bare minimum emergency tool kit and a spare inner tube.
  • Breakdowns are a bore. Plan not to have any by ensuring your bike is in perfect working order.
  • Punctures are also tedious. You can minimise them by fitting latex tubes, slime tubes or running tubeless tyres.

Photo: CAMMTB Winter 2022-23 rides have been posted up - please click on the Runs List link..

CAMMTB Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Tom R's Wonky Knee

In the unlikely event that my absence is noted. I have had surgery on the workings of my left knee. So have to take a few weeks off. The Orange is being treated to new chain and sprockets in sympathy.
Fingers crossed I will be back in the saddle and drinking beer again in the not too distant future.
Best wishes to you all.

Tom R

Re: Tom R's Wonky Knee

i believe when the forum photo was taken it had just been mentioned about your knee op.
get well soon

Take it easy there Tom! I guess this means we won't be having a crack at Pasty Tom's FECUND Frolic next week ....

Hi Tom - hope your repairs work and you back on/off the road again soon

Tony

Hi Tom,

Get well soon! You should have asked Duncan whether he could have sorted out a new knee for you from "Cook's Emporium". He's bound to have one knocking about in his garage. A nice SRAM one with a carbon finish would soon get you back in the saddle!

PT

Thank you

Thanks for the kind words chaps.

I am kicking myself for not thinking that Duncan might have had a spare knee knocking about his garage.

The Fecund Frolic will unfortunately have to be given a miss. This might be just as well. Sheep husbandry lectures at agricultural college involved Fecundity and Prolifficacy when selecting good ewes to breed from. I am intrigued as to what Pasty has in store for you all!

best wishes

Tom R