Cam MTB - the Cambridge Mountain Bikers' Forum

Click on the "return to website" button to see our new website with loads more details of who we are, where and when we ride and much more.

DISCLAIMER. MOUNTAIN BIKING CAN BE DANGEROUS. YOU JOIN US AT YOUR OWN RISK.

SAFETY BRIEFING.

• Wear a helmet. Despite recent advances in medical science, brains still cannot be mended nor replaced.
  • Wear gloves or mitts. Hands often hit the ground first. Cuts and grazes invite infection and a hospital visit.
  • Wear eye protection, it only takes a twig or thorn to lose an eye. Crud catchers are a good idea in mucky weather.
  • When downhilling, for your own protection, allow plenty of space behind the rider in front.
  • Bring a bare minimum emergency tool kit and a spare inner tube.
  • Breakdowns are a bore. Plan not to have any by ensuring your bike is in perfect working order.
  • Punctures are also tedious. You can minimise them by fitting latex tubes, slime tubes or running tubeless tyres.

Photo: CAMMTB Winter 2022-23 rides have been posted up - please click on the Runs List link..

CAMMTB Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
THETFORD TONIGHT!!!

Please note:
Tonight's meeting time at BCP has been put back to 8pm (ongoing) to allow more time for people to get there.

We will probably be back in Cambridge around the same time as a 'normal' ride, if not sooner, as there are no pubs in Thetford Forest (shame).

I'll be there. Hope to see some of you later.

Re: THETFORD TONIGHT!!!

Looks like it's going to be a cracking night for it! Unfortunately I won't be able to make it tonight, so I'll see you out on Thursday night instead for the FRECUND Frolic!
Now, if only there was a pub in the forest ...
Have a good one

Hi - haven't been on a cam Mtb night ride for about 3 years but need some practice as doing the coast to coast next week! Looking forward to joining you at BCP tonight. Are you meeting at the car park by the caff / visitors centre? Any familiar faces from a few years back?
Fergus

Hey Mark,
All my good intentions of coming have flown out the open window.
Her indoors has revoked my pass-out. :-(
Have fun finding that forest pub
Ads

Sis-in-law's birthday today so going out for a meal. I've every intention of riding on Thurs though.

Paul

Fergus, the meet point is the Carpark at Brandon Country Park NOT at High Lodge.

this is on the road from Elveden to Brandon at the Brandon end.

i can't remember the exact details but i'm sure someone else will be able to post them if you don't know where it is.

Hi Fergus
Long time no see indeed, hope all is well. Unfortunately can't make Thetford tonight but hopefully might see you out on the trails again soon.
Enjoy the coast to coast.
Paul

I'm thinking of coming along as I've not been to Thetford with you lot before...

The train from Cambridge arrives in Brandon at 19:55, so I might be 1 or 2 minutes late (I don't think it's far from the station to the car park).

The train before would put me there over an hour early.

Frazer
07826 841 946

Hi Fergus
Good to hear from you. I'll definitely be along tonight (an old face). I'll be giving Frazer a lift (a new face). Not sure who else is coming, but it's definitely worth a trip.
And yes, it's the Brandon Country Park car park, not High Lodge.

Mark T

Thanks Mark, see you later!