Cam MTB - the Cambridge Mountain Bikers' Forum

Click on the "return to website" button to see our new website with loads more details of who we are, where and when we ride and much more.

DISCLAIMER. MOUNTAIN BIKING CAN BE DANGEROUS. YOU JOIN US AT YOUR OWN RISK.

SAFETY BRIEFING.

• Wear a helmet. Despite recent advances in medical science, brains still cannot be mended nor replaced.
  • Wear gloves or mitts. Hands often hit the ground first. Cuts and grazes invite infection and a hospital visit.
  • Wear eye protection, it only takes a twig or thorn to lose an eye. Crud catchers are a good idea in mucky weather.
  • When downhilling, for your own protection, allow plenty of space behind the rider in front.
  • Bring a bare minimum emergency tool kit and a spare inner tube.
  • Breakdowns are a bore. Plan not to have any by ensuring your bike is in perfect working order.
  • Punctures are also tedious. You can minimise them by fitting latex tubes, slime tubes or running tubeless tyres.

Photo: CAMMTB Winter 2022-23 rides have been posted up - please click on the Runs List link..

CAMMTB Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Tonight's Pub - AKA The Checkpint

Good morning all,

My FECUND Frolic will end at The Plough and Fleece, Horningsea.

You can assume that points will be allocated to further away checkpoints, therefore.

I'm off to print the maps, instructions, etc and buy the wine for the winners. Paul L...I'll bring your wine from last time.

PT

Re: Tonight's Pub - AKA The Checkpint

As a northerner, I'd say that's worth at least one pint in the pub from me, thanks Tom !

Richard

Zzzzzzzzzz This is a recorded message. If you are trying to reach me my arse is near bates bite lock and my legs left somewhere between there and Shepreth. Not sure where I am.

Good to see you back Jon! And kudos for not choosing an easy ride for your first one back... I had 45 miles on the clock by the time I got home so you must have done well over 50.

Paul

Yep, nice to see you Snapper - come out some more!

Dom

Thanks for the warm welcome back, it was great to see you chaps again. Thanks again to the Toms for a great night and to Fergus and Paul for putting up with my lack of legs. I had forgotten what saddle sore was and now know how George Micheal would feel if put in Parkhurst for two weeks. Don't let the beard fool you!

Good to see you all still have a sense of humour and colourfull dress sense. Long live GLAMMTB I mean CAMMTB.