Cam MTB - the Cambridge Mountain Bikers' Forum

Click on the "return to website" button to see our new website with loads more details of who we are, where and when we ride and much more.

DISCLAIMER. MOUNTAIN BIKING CAN BE DANGEROUS. YOU JOIN US AT YOUR OWN RISK.

SAFETY BRIEFING.

• Wear a helmet. Despite recent advances in medical science, brains still cannot be mended nor replaced.
  • Wear gloves or mitts. Hands often hit the ground first. Cuts and grazes invite infection and a hospital visit.
  • Wear eye protection, it only takes a twig or thorn to lose an eye. Crud catchers are a good idea in mucky weather.
  • When downhilling, for your own protection, allow plenty of space behind the rider in front.
  • Bring a bare minimum emergency tool kit and a spare inner tube.
  • Breakdowns are a bore. Plan not to have any by ensuring your bike is in perfect working order.
  • Punctures are also tedious. You can minimise them by fitting latex tubes, slime tubes or running tubeless tyres.

Photo: CAMMTB Winter 2022-23 rides have been posted up - please click on the Runs List link..

CAMMTB Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Golden Ball Boxworth

Hi All,

After putting the Golden Ball on the runslist (almost a local for me), neither Mike Clover nor I are available tonight to lead it.

Could anyone else do it? It's a nice pub so shame to sub it.

PT

Re: Golden Ball Boxworth

i was looking at the map last night and have a couple of ideas.

this is not a defacto "i'm leading" but unless someone says lets do "This" then we can leave it up to the committee at the start.

any other offers?

Pat,

I'll be out tonight, but as regards the navigation, the only route I know in that vicinity is my way home from that Pub.... (strange that)

Pete

I'm also planning on being out. I've got some route ideas in mind (watch that stile now), so am happy to go with Pat's committee idea!

See some of you later
Dom

i'll bring a map, diversion past the Science Park upgrade installed.

i was thinking a quick blast down the A14, single file, of course. then turn off at J28 for anyone left alive.

any other suggestions?

Two frickin' years ago. You just won't let it lie!!

there is plenty of mileage left in that one yet....boom boom.

I'll be out :)

I got my dates mixed up. The 6 mph ride with 24 cubs was on Tuesday so I will be out tonight along with my ledgenary mis-navigation skills.

We could do a similar ride to the one we did on last years foray to the Golden Globe.

I'll load up the Garmin!

Mike

May God have mercy on our souls...