Cam MTB - the Cambridge Mountain Bikers' Forum

Click on the "return to website" button to see our new website with loads more details of who we are, where and when we ride and much more.

DISCLAIMER. MOUNTAIN BIKING CAN BE DANGEROUS. YOU JOIN US AT YOUR OWN RISK.

SAFETY BRIEFING.

• Wear a helmet. Despite recent advances in medical science, brains still cannot be mended nor replaced.
  • Wear gloves or mitts. Hands often hit the ground first. Cuts and grazes invite infection and a hospital visit.
  • Wear eye protection, it only takes a twig or thorn to lose an eye. Crud catchers are a good idea in mucky weather.
  • When downhilling, for your own protection, allow plenty of space behind the rider in front.
  • Bring a bare minimum emergency tool kit and a spare inner tube.
  • Breakdowns are a bore. Plan not to have any by ensuring your bike is in perfect working order.
  • Punctures are also tedious. You can minimise them by fitting latex tubes, slime tubes or running tubeless tyres.

Photo: CAMMTB Winter 2022-23 rides have been posted up - please click on the Runs List link..

CAMMTB Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
the Med

marcus the landlord says we can put our bikes in the marquee around the back of the pub should be alright we will need to lock them as well i think! nice to go somewhere new as they say in cycling circles "you cant beat a bit of fresh"

Re: the Med

Thanks to all who showed up last night. I really enjoyed the ride, despite punctuation by my slow(ish) puncture.
I did manage a circuit of the BMX track on my way home (after 4 pints - is that wise?), and stumbled upon a load of people having a bonfire near the railway line. I don't know who was more scared, them or me!
Funny how the nearest pubs to home always result in me returning the latest...

See you all next time.

Re: the Med

I can just imagine you + a skinfull with those 29-er wheels scooting round a track designed for 20 inch wheels.

Thanks for a good circuit last night - the latter part really felt like "urban" riding but I would like to have seen us attempt at least 100 steep concrete steps. Thanks also to Mr Bowes for the chips.

I totalled almost 34 miles (it was more like 12 or 13 miles home in the end ) and got to bed at 12:45 am, only to be woken 5 hours later to catch a vole the cat brought home.

PT