Cam MTB - the Cambridge Mountain Bikers' Forum

Click on the "return to website" button to see our new website with loads more details of who we are, where and when we ride and much more.

DISCLAIMER. MOUNTAIN BIKING CAN BE DANGEROUS. YOU JOIN US AT YOUR OWN RISK.

SAFETY BRIEFING.

• Wear a helmet. Despite recent advances in medical science, brains still cannot be mended nor replaced.
  • Wear gloves or mitts. Hands often hit the ground first. Cuts and grazes invite infection and a hospital visit.
  • Wear eye protection, it only takes a twig or thorn to lose an eye. Crud catchers are a good idea in mucky weather.
  • When downhilling, for your own protection, allow plenty of space behind the rider in front.
  • Bring a bare minimum emergency tool kit and a spare inner tube.
  • Breakdowns are a bore. Plan not to have any by ensuring your bike is in perfect working order.
  • Punctures are also tedious. You can minimise them by fitting latex tubes, slime tubes or running tubeless tyres.

Photo: CAMMTB Winter 2022-23 rides have been posted up - please click on the Runs List link..

CAMMTB Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Dear runs list covern

Please please please can we add my local to the runs list or replace a ride later in the year with it. The Green Man Shepreth would be good for some of us Westerners and has excellent guest beverages normally so please please. It has been mentioned on more than one occasion on recent rides and not just by me I might add. Admitted the short ride home for me appeals but in the interest of variation being the spice of life and new territory etc added to the fact they do good grub and are likely to provide chips oh and did I mention they do good beer. Please plea.........

Don't make me beg

Re: Dear runs list covern

Sounds good to me too.... Been in a few times, Good pub. What about the 26th or 28th July could help break the seven rides of east before we pop back to the Bee's & The Bells !?!

Sounds good, the Tuesday would be preferred or both and I will walk over the road for the second one.

Tuesday, 26th July makes sense as the Carpenter's Arms is usually closed.

The RLC granted permission last night - change made.

Better get planning your route Jon!

Paul

Oh feck, with my sense of direction. Thanks oh mighty Covern for your gratious mercy on my little tired legs. I shall indeed plan a route and a sacrificial offering to you most powerful ones. Beer and nibbles a plenty!