Cam MTB - the Cambridge Mountain Bikers' Forum

Click on the "return to website" button to see our new website with loads more details of who we are, where and when we ride and much more.

DISCLAIMER. MOUNTAIN BIKING CAN BE DANGEROUS. YOU JOIN US AT YOUR OWN RISK.

SAFETY BRIEFING.

• Wear a helmet. Despite recent advances in medical science, brains still cannot be mended nor replaced.
  • Wear gloves or mitts. Hands often hit the ground first. Cuts and grazes invite infection and a hospital visit.
  • Wear eye protection, it only takes a twig or thorn to lose an eye. Crud catchers are a good idea in mucky weather.
  • When downhilling, for your own protection, allow plenty of space behind the rider in front.
  • Bring a bare minimum emergency tool kit and a spare inner tube.
  • Breakdowns are a bore. Plan not to have any by ensuring your bike is in perfect working order.
  • Punctures are also tedious. You can minimise them by fitting latex tubes, slime tubes or running tubeless tyres.

Photo: CAMMTB Winter 2022-23 rides have been posted up - please click on the Runs List link..

CAMMTB Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
On the Wagon

Think I might have to be with another 15+ mile ride home.

Don't suppose Bosey is out tonight with his van?

TAXI!

Re: On the Wagon

I'll be out for a bimble

I'm not riding tonight. Actually, there are lots of things I won't be doing tonight, many of which sound like fun...hang-gliding, gravy wrestling, lighting my own farts, butchering Delia Smith, that kind of stuff; which makes me wonder why the f**k I'll be doing something I hate, which is shopping in a supermarket.

It's a strange world we live in.

Is anyone else not doing anything specific tonight?

See you on Thursday.

Unlikely to be out tonight - work deadline.

Will be out Thurs with luck for an even longer ride home...

Paul

Personally, I'm not going to the beer festival tonight, which is a shame because it was really good last night I'm not riding tonight because I have to work

Richard

Not out tonight, nor am I attending Bob Dylans 70th birthday bash to show off my new found guitar skills. Tony

Does anyone know if i go down Fen road from the pub to the river and follow the tow path, if it goes all the way to Waterbeach station?

£5 day travel card. Money well spent me thinks after 3 pints and a warm evenings ride with no doubt someone ripping my legs off.

Sorry to see most of you have something far less interesting to do.

Jon,

Yes, the tow path will take you to the station. You just need to peel off left when you get to the bridge at Clayhythe, then continue on the cycle path to the station.

Have you checked your connection times at Cambridge? Not sure whether you'll get home without changing trains in Cambridge.

Richard

Yes 23.07 straight to Foxton. Sounds good to me. Thanks Richard

Unless anyone is up for the beer festival instead?

not riding tonight...as you will have guessed by now.

i'm sat at home considering the options i have as i have just found out that my car has a "Manufacturing Fault" with the engine, and nice mr Toyota has declined to help me fix it.

Whopee! i now own a toyota with no engine and no hope of a trade in.

i should take up something cheaper ....like cycling.

Hi Mark,

I've not been to a grand banquet at the Palace as the guest of the Windsors. Shame, because I quite fancy that new Princess Catherine.

Barrack Obama, lucky sod, found my ticket to the royal nosh up blowing around the streets of London today. I must have dropped it on the way to a scintillating energy conference.

PT

Pat, Sorry to hear that buddy, should have bought an Audi like Ian and Pasty I guess. Thats slightly unfair but I could not resist the oppertunity for a plug.

Pastey I prefer her sister. Anyway you both missed a Pete and Paul L special legs are screwed and glad i did not miss the train home.

Oh and to the bald headed old fart on the train that whinged about there being bikes on the train. I did not care for your bleeting on about your I-phone and pissed anticks with your relic friends and how you are better than all your mates. Get your head out of your arse and mind your own fu@@ing business. I have as much right to be on the tossing train as you do.

Strange? I don't remember being on the train with you last night...

PT

Lol