Cam MTB - the Cambridge Mountain Bikers' Forum

Click on the "return to website" button to see our new website with loads more details of who we are, where and when we ride and much more.

DISCLAIMER. MOUNTAIN BIKING CAN BE DANGEROUS. YOU JOIN US AT YOUR OWN RISK.

SAFETY BRIEFING.

• Wear a helmet. Despite recent advances in medical science, brains still cannot be mended nor replaced.
  • Wear gloves or mitts. Hands often hit the ground first. Cuts and grazes invite infection and a hospital visit.
  • Wear eye protection, it only takes a twig or thorn to lose an eye. Crud catchers are a good idea in mucky weather.
  • When downhilling, for your own protection, allow plenty of space behind the rider in front.
  • Bring a bare minimum emergency tool kit and a spare inner tube.
  • Breakdowns are a bore. Plan not to have any by ensuring your bike is in perfect working order.
  • Punctures are also tedious. You can minimise them by fitting latex tubes, slime tubes or running tubeless tyres.

Photo: CAMMTB Winter 2022-23 rides have been posted up - please click on the Runs List link..

CAMMTB Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Over and out?

Who's up for Pasty's epic tonight? Dust masks might be a good idea (unless your one of those young buggers out in front.....)

Re: Over and out?

I'll be out!
I'm planning some deviations from the route we've used in the last couple of years. There will be some options as well, depending upon time and thirst.

See you all later.

PT

Over - Adverb

* Again; another time; once more.
* Thoroughly; completely; from beginning to end.
* From an upright position to being horizontal.
* Horizontally; left to right or right to left.
* Overnight (throughout the night).

So I shall, once more, completely from beginning to end, ride in an upright position - maybe going horizontal when moving from left to right - throughout the night.

Count me in :)

i'll have a pint of whatever Cam is drinking!!

i'm out and planning to kick up a minor dust storm near the front for you Pete

Hey, PT, can we have a route avouding the need to fit 2 new latex tubes tomorrow, please.

I'll see what I can do, Pat.

PT

Hey Tom are you intending to end up at the social club incase I can get out for a drink. Thought I could return the bladder you lent me.

Hi Jon,

Yes, the social club is the target. Will let you know if that changes.

Tom

Tom,

Could you remind me of the name and location of the club please.

Mike

Re: location of tonight's objective

Mike, its . . .

Over Community Centre
16 The Doles
Over, Cambridge CB24 5NW

pete

many thanks Tom for an interesting ride and vfm beer! Had a.lovely ride back and could only pity duncan couped up in bosey's van . but thanks for the offer Mark

Hi,

Glad you enjoyed it - makes a difference from the general route of the last 3 years and it's the same distance to the pub.

I'm glad that the section from Knapwell to Boxworth was a good one, even though I missed the exit at the end. It was completely new to me so I had visions of barbed wire and indistinct tracks across ploughed fields, not the pleasant meadow it turned out to be.

Pat - did you encounter much tarmac on the busway? There are some pics of a blacktopped section near King Hedges on the CycleStreets website.

PT

Great ride, Pasty - thanks.

And thanks to everyone for waiting for me at the start. Note to self - must try harder to stop working earlier!

Best of all - Pasty laid on the traditional Over weather once more. Not quite as good as last year - but then that was on June 3, so a whole day later than yesterday...

Cheers
Dom

Not too bad a trip home.... Luckily i'd seen fit to bring my own own eye patches so all was safe !