Cam MTB - the Cambridge Mountain Bikers' Forum

Click on the "return to website" button to see our new website with loads more details of who we are, where and when we ride and much more.

DISCLAIMER. MOUNTAIN BIKING CAN BE DANGEROUS. YOU JOIN US AT YOUR OWN RISK.

SAFETY BRIEFING.

• Wear a helmet. Despite recent advances in medical science, brains still cannot be mended nor replaced.
  • Wear gloves or mitts. Hands often hit the ground first. Cuts and grazes invite infection and a hospital visit.
  • Wear eye protection, it only takes a twig or thorn to lose an eye. Crud catchers are a good idea in mucky weather.
  • When downhilling, for your own protection, allow plenty of space behind the rider in front.
  • Bring a bare minimum emergency tool kit and a spare inner tube.
  • Breakdowns are a bore. Plan not to have any by ensuring your bike is in perfect working order.
  • Punctures are also tedious. You can minimise them by fitting latex tubes, slime tubes or running tubeless tyres.

Photo: CAMMTB Winter 2022-23 rides have been posted up - please click on the Runs List link..

CAMMTB Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Thursday's Show us Yours - Destination?

Dear All.

The knee is recovering, with the goal of Mountain Mayhem, and am thinking of riding on Thursday.

Where will the ride finish?

Tom R

Re: Thursday's Show us Yours - Destination?

Who's Show us is it anyway?

Re: Thursday's Show us Yours - Shelton to Willingham?

Shelton has volunteered to lead a ride to Willingham, as per the post below!

Runslist Fairy Coven - let me know if this is OK and I'll alter the runslist.

Paul

fine by me.

The Pub,It is The Duke Of Wellington, 55 Church St, Willingham CB24 5HS. The Landlady is looking forwards to seeing us.

Nice one Shelton. Don't think I'll make it, but it's good to search out somewhere new(ish).

I'd like to play, but can't get out until after 8. Have you a route planned Mr S?

Don't they all have webbed feet out that way?

I would join you but can not find my fliipers so would feel a little out of place.

Maybe another time we could try somewhere less Yokall say Haddenham, Ely or even Chatteris?

I may not be able to make all of it too, but would like to meet up somewhere.

What's your route, Shelton?

PT

not sure if i'm riding tonight or not. i may be baby sitting. expect me if you see me.

Pasty, coton/madingley/girton/histon/rampton drift/willingham/road it to over, fen rd loop back into willingham. Call me if unsure 07976071052

hope to be out tonight....