Cam MTB - the Cambridge Mountain Bikers' Forum

Click on the "return to website" button to see our new website with loads more details of who we are, where and when we ride and much more.

DISCLAIMER. MOUNTAIN BIKING CAN BE DANGEROUS. YOU JOIN US AT YOUR OWN RISK.

SAFETY BRIEFING.

• Wear a helmet. Despite recent advances in medical science, brains still cannot be mended nor replaced.
  • Wear gloves or mitts. Hands often hit the ground first. Cuts and grazes invite infection and a hospital visit.
  • Wear eye protection, it only takes a twig or thorn to lose an eye. Crud catchers are a good idea in mucky weather.
  • When downhilling, for your own protection, allow plenty of space behind the rider in front.
  • Bring a bare minimum emergency tool kit and a spare inner tube.
  • Breakdowns are a bore. Plan not to have any by ensuring your bike is in perfect working order.
  • Punctures are also tedious. You can minimise them by fitting latex tubes, slime tubes or running tubeless tyres.

Photo: CAMMTB Winter 2022-23 rides have been posted up - please click on the Runs List link..

CAMMTB Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Weekend away cycling....or maybe two

Hi all.

Just been told i have a weekend pass or maybe two, to ride, and fancy pushing the boat out a bit.

i'm up for a few killer loop's, distance not speed.

i can ride either Saturday 20th and Sunday 21st June or posibly Sat 2nd and Sunday 3rd July....but not likley both....but who knows. i would be ok with driving up on the friday night to allow more time on location.

Julie and Connor are up in Yorkshire and i fancy a bit of R&R on the bike, i don't have any fixed idea about where to go but i was thinking along the lines of Dalby, Peak District or maybe Wales. I would consider the Yourkshire Dales too but i'm not invited/required to stay with the family this time.

I'm looking for ideas for locations/routes but also anyone else interested in going away to share the fun/blame with getting lost.

B&B, camping or Pub, not bothered which.

sorry to step on your toes Nige but i just can't make your weekend or i would go with you.

So who is up for it then?

Re: Weekend away cycling....or maybe two

No worries at all Pat!!

I haven't had one reply so I must smell :)

after some discussion "down 't' pub" last night it sounds as if there is some interest from Alison, Dom and Pete F.

the concensus so far is for July 2nd and 3rd.

locality of the Peaks, i'm thinking i'd like to have a crack at Jacobs Ladder.

any other suggestions?
accomodation?

Hi Pat, Im up for the weekender in July. Not fussed what the location is as I like the Peaks or Dales, though I would have to hire a full bouncer.Check out the Dales bike centre, they are in Reeth on the frimlington edge ive stayed there and had a fab time. Stu and Brenda a real nice folk, Stu does a mean chilli and also lends out garmins loaded with some cool rides and he also leads a ride out on a Friday night.

Hi Shelton,
well it seems as if there will be 4 of us and 5 if you wish to come allong too.
we are now looking at Yorkshire as the main option to ride.
more details later this week as i know them, but it looks as if Dom has taken on the role of trip organiser as he has riden in that area before, and has some contacts.