Cam MTB - the Cambridge Mountain Bikers' Forum

Click on the "return to website" button to see our new website with loads more details of who we are, where and when we ride and much more.

DISCLAIMER. MOUNTAIN BIKING CAN BE DANGEROUS. YOU JOIN US AT YOUR OWN RISK.

SAFETY BRIEFING.

• Wear a helmet. Despite recent advances in medical science, brains still cannot be mended nor replaced.
  • Wear gloves or mitts. Hands often hit the ground first. Cuts and grazes invite infection and a hospital visit.
  • Wear eye protection, it only takes a twig or thorn to lose an eye. Crud catchers are a good idea in mucky weather.
  • When downhilling, for your own protection, allow plenty of space behind the rider in front.
  • Bring a bare minimum emergency tool kit and a spare inner tube.
  • Breakdowns are a bore. Plan not to have any by ensuring your bike is in perfect working order.
  • Punctures are also tedious. You can minimise them by fitting latex tubes, slime tubes or running tubeless tyres.

Photo: CAMMTB Winter 2022-23 rides have been posted up - please click on the Runs List link..

CAMMTB Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Tuesday venue June 14th

It's been ascertained that the Black Nag, Dry Drayton shuts at 9pm tomorrow... So I am told by a reliable if not totally unbiased source, anyway. We've certainly had problems with this pub in the recent past.

The same source has volunteered to lead a ride to the Queen Adelaide at Croydon on Tues instead of Thurs.

OK? What does the Fairy Coven/membership reckon? Sounds good to me.

Paul

PS - a coven member has spoken - runslist changed.

Re: Tuesday venue June 14th

I feel worn out just thinking about it! Hopefully see you later.

Would this be a good ride for a newbee? Google maps seems to think it's 12 miles on roads... so about a 30 mile round trip?

Tom - I don't know exactly what route Duncan has in mind but I expect it'll be well over 30 miles by the time you get back to town. Last week we averaged around 13 mph for a similar sort of route out west.

It depends on how fit you are of course, but the next two rides have the advantage that the pub stops are MUCH closer to town.

Paul

Peed off I did not bring the bike in today now had I read this thread I would have. May hook up with you lot harlton woods area if someone let's me know in enough time

Cheers

Right, well I'd probably have trouble keeping 13 mph up for over 30 miles. I'll skip tonight and try to join Thursday's ride, or perhaps next Tuesday's ride instead. Thanks for the reply!

Why oh why bother with Dry Drayton, isn't that the Pub that is closed 99% of the time anyway?

Maybe we should just supply our own beer and just stop on a hill somewhere.......

Have you seen the prices at the pump latlely, I remember whe..........

Not going to be out tonight - work (and to be honest, hangover) have intervened...

Away Thurs so see you all next week.

Paul

Looks like being a corker!

Cheers Duncan, good route great night lads and thank for the taxi Bowesy.

Ditto - great ride, although a taxi home wouldn't have hurt either ... almost 64km total for the night!