Cam MTB - the Cambridge Mountain Bikers' Forum

Click on the "return to website" button to see our new website with loads more details of who we are, where and when we ride and much more.

DISCLAIMER. MOUNTAIN BIKING CAN BE DANGEROUS. YOU JOIN US AT YOUR OWN RISK.

SAFETY BRIEFING.

• Wear a helmet. Despite recent advances in medical science, brains still cannot be mended nor replaced.
  • Wear gloves or mitts. Hands often hit the ground first. Cuts and grazes invite infection and a hospital visit.
  • Wear eye protection, it only takes a twig or thorn to lose an eye. Crud catchers are a good idea in mucky weather.
  • When downhilling, for your own protection, allow plenty of space behind the rider in front.
  • Bring a bare minimum emergency tool kit and a spare inner tube.
  • Breakdowns are a bore. Plan not to have any by ensuring your bike is in perfect working order.
  • Punctures are also tedious. You can minimise them by fitting latex tubes, slime tubes or running tubeless tyres.

Photo: CAMMTB Winter 2022-23 rides have been posted up - please click on the Runs List link..

CAMMTB Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Rich + G are leaving Cambridge next week

Hey everyone,

G and I are moving to Houston next week, after a bit over 3 years in Cambridge. Tomorrow night will be our last CAM MTB ride in a while, so we're hoping to see as many of you as we can before we leave. Being a little out of shape, we've chosen a pub that's close to town (and it had nothing to do with the grumpy webmaster being a little knackered after a 6hr race on Sunday)
See you then!
R+G

Hope to Join You. Where do we finish?

I hope to join you tonight. I have an early start tomorrow, and would appreciate knowing where we finish please?

cheers

Tom R

Re: Rich + G are leaving Cambridge next week

The legs are feeling much less sore today so definitely out for a spin this evening.

Re: Hope to Join You. Where do we finish?

The Hoops at Barton

Yep, intend riding tonight.

Paul

Will be a pootling too.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C5h2NF2xMYI

Sorry !

Thank You - Good Choice Too - See you this eve (nt)

Houston?
Is that the village between Hauxton and Harston?

"Houston, I have a problem..."

Good luck Rich and G.
If I don't see you later, have a beer for me.

Mark T

Hi. Rich & G,

Sorry I couldn't make your final ride last night-hope you had a good 'un

Best wishes for the future, it's been a pleasure riding with you over the last few years.

Rick

Rich & G,

Echoing Rick's comments, sorry I couldn't make it out last night for your last ride. Good luck with the move and hope all goes well in the USofA.

It's been good fun riding with you - I smile in particular when I recall plotting squares on my GPS as we rode around (literally) Thetford Forest and you were convinced we were on a track we'd not done before

Cheers,

Richard

And I recall the meticulous planning that you did for the mini-trailquests, in particular the soaking wet maps that you unpeeled in the pub at the end of the Winter Wobble!

All the best!

PT

Hey everyone,

It's been great riding with you over the last few years while G and I have been in Cambridge. Although maybe not the best time for an Aussie to be in the UK (with Australia losing 2 ashes series), we've had a great time in Cambridge, and enjoyed our fair share of mountainbiking adventures around the area.
And as for Thetford, I still get a bit confused riding around there, but somehow seem to end up back at BCP cafe ok
If any of you are ever (un)lucky enough to find yourself in Houston, drop us a line. Otherwise, we'll hopefully see you again sometime soon when we pop back to Cambridge for a visit.

cheers,
Rich + G