Cam MTB - the Cambridge Mountain Bikers' Forum

Click on the "return to website" button to see our new website with loads more details of who we are, where and when we ride and much more.

DISCLAIMER. MOUNTAIN BIKING CAN BE DANGEROUS. YOU JOIN US AT YOUR OWN RISK.

SAFETY BRIEFING.

• Wear a helmet. Despite recent advances in medical science, brains still cannot be mended nor replaced.
  • Wear gloves or mitts. Hands often hit the ground first. Cuts and grazes invite infection and a hospital visit.
  • Wear eye protection, it only takes a twig or thorn to lose an eye. Crud catchers are a good idea in mucky weather.
  • When downhilling, for your own protection, allow plenty of space behind the rider in front.
  • Bring a bare minimum emergency tool kit and a spare inner tube.
  • Breakdowns are a bore. Plan not to have any by ensuring your bike is in perfect working order.
  • Punctures are also tedious. You can minimise them by fitting latex tubes, slime tubes or running tubeless tyres.

Photo: CAMMTB Winter 2022-23 rides have been posted up - please click on the Runs List link..

CAMMTB Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Pear Tree Hildersham

I am planning to ride tonight. Tom R

Re: Pear Tree Hildersham

Hi Tom,

Me too, subject to the usual potential excuses. It'll be my first one for a while, so I hope I can keep up....

I may be washing my hair - already had one soaking on a bike today. Tony

Any thoughts on route Tom? I probably won't make the start, so I was thinking I might try to find you somewhere along the way maybe.

Richard

Route Thought(s)

Hi Richard
A couple of options that cross my mind.

Plan A: Fulbourn, Fleam Dyke over A11, across to Camgrain, over hilltoward west wratting right onto Icknield way, Balsham, Roman Road, Hildersham.

Plan B: Roman Road to Linton, Down across 1307 and up around back of Abington Park Farm. Hildersham

Any preference?

Tom R

Re: Route Thought(s)

Tom,

Plan A and meeting you at Fulbourn would probably be easiest for me, if that's OK? I could meet you at the end of Teversham Road, by the Bakers Arms about 19:50?

Richard

Re: Route Thought(s) via Bakers arms it is.

We'll do that: See you at Bakers Arms 7.50

Tom R

hope all back ok. Currently sipping tea after longish ride home... Well done Tom for an interesting route

Thanks Pete . I am intrigued to hear what route you took via Sawston. You did well to be sipping tea at 12.49.

Until next time. Tom R

Hi Tom,

Straight down the cycle path to Sawston, across the lights and Sawston bypass, to the permissive cycle way which took me through to Whittlesford, then roaded it Newton/Harston/Haslingfield etc

See you soon, Pete