Cam MTB - the Cambridge Mountain Bikers' Forum

Click on the "return to website" button to see our new website with loads more details of who we are, where and when we ride and much more.

DISCLAIMER. MOUNTAIN BIKING CAN BE DANGEROUS. YOU JOIN US AT YOUR OWN RISK.

SAFETY BRIEFING.

• Wear a helmet. Despite recent advances in medical science, brains still cannot be mended nor replaced.
  • Wear gloves or mitts. Hands often hit the ground first. Cuts and grazes invite infection and a hospital visit.
  • Wear eye protection, it only takes a twig or thorn to lose an eye. Crud catchers are a good idea in mucky weather.
  • When downhilling, for your own protection, allow plenty of space behind the rider in front.
  • Bring a bare minimum emergency tool kit and a spare inner tube.
  • Breakdowns are a bore. Plan not to have any by ensuring your bike is in perfect working order.
  • Punctures are also tedious. You can minimise them by fitting latex tubes, slime tubes or running tubeless tyres.

Photo: CAMMTB Winter 2022-23 rides have been posted up - please click on the Runs List link..

CAMMTB Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Forum subs - £25

Yes all, it's that time of the year again - Forum sub renewal.

I've just paid for another year of advert-free forum hosting, a perk that cost £25. Donations of £1 per person who wishes to contribute will therefore be appreciated over the next few weeks.

Cheers

Paul

Re: Forum subs - £25

Thanks Paul - your continued webmastership, however grumpy, is much appreciated.

You can have my £1 later this week.

Tom

I can't believe I forgot to bring the subject up in the pub last night! FFS...

here's to another year of advert free banter

cheers Paul, i'll stump up my beer token next time i see you.

Remind me next time I see you Paul and I'll hand over some dosh

Perhaps as well as adverts, we should ban sarcasm?

Give me 25 quid and I'll stop taking the piss, for a few weeks anyway.

PT

Hi Paul,

Planning to make the Bees on Tuesday, I'll hand over the dosh if you are there, or to whoever purports to represent you if not.

Thanks Paul

Count me in. I will be riding on Thurs

Tom R

Thanks Paul, I'm in-will slip you the cash when I next see you.