Cam MTB - the Cambridge Mountain Bikers' Forum

Click on the "return to website" button to see our new website with loads more details of who we are, where and when we ride and much more.

DISCLAIMER. MOUNTAIN BIKING CAN BE DANGEROUS. YOU JOIN US AT YOUR OWN RISK.

SAFETY BRIEFING.

• Wear a helmet. Despite recent advances in medical science, brains still cannot be mended nor replaced.
  • Wear gloves or mitts. Hands often hit the ground first. Cuts and grazes invite infection and a hospital visit.
  • Wear eye protection, it only takes a twig or thorn to lose an eye. Crud catchers are a good idea in mucky weather.
  • When downhilling, for your own protection, allow plenty of space behind the rider in front.
  • Bring a bare minimum emergency tool kit and a spare inner tube.
  • Breakdowns are a bore. Plan not to have any by ensuring your bike is in perfect working order.
  • Punctures are also tedious. You can minimise them by fitting latex tubes, slime tubes or running tubeless tyres.

Photo: CAMMTB Winter 2022-23 rides have been posted up - please click on the Runs List link..

CAMMTB Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Cook's Cakewalk - postponed

Duncan is unwell and has unfortunately had to postpone leading tonight's epic. Hopefully we can reschedule it for a future Tuesday when he's better.

Paul

PS - I'll have to wait to collect Forum subs off you lot as I'm crocked too following an off last Sunday...

Re: Cook's Cakewalk - postponed

Paul,

Sorry to hear of your "off". But I am intrigued! Road or MTB? Self-inficted, or not? I only ask, so as to help prevent emulation.

Pete

Sorry to hear that Mr Cook is crook (Duncan can't function??) and that Paul's had a fall.

May I suggest that the pub stop tonight is the Waggon and Horses at Milton? We tried to go there the other week but it was rained-off. I have a route in mind too.

PT

Ahhh, the Waggon and Horses, i rember that night well, i was the only one that made it to the pub that night.

i would enjoy a quick tipple with a few friends this time.

shame about Duncan, i was looking forewards to a nice slice of cake tonight.

have i sarted a bit of a competition for off of the year? it sounds as if there have been a few entries in this category over the last few weeks!!!!

oh yes, i'm out riding tonight.

If it is Milton. Pasty, please can we have an earlyish pub stop, because its a long way back for me, especially with an 11-34T cassette in the back pack....

Sounds OK to me.

See you this evening.

Early pub stop usually means long pub stop doesn't it? Sounds like a plan....

Re: Paul's off

MTB, ruts on the Icknield Way near Flint Cross, mud, summer tyre on the back, momentary lapse of concentration towards the end of a long ride...

All culminating in landing chest first on a ridge between the ruts on the other side of the track.

It only hurts when I breathe though!

Paul

Re: Paul's off

that can be easily cured

OK - as long as we don't get lost on Wilbraham Fen again...

(Cassette is already in my backpack, btw)

Well done Pasty, the folding stuff is in my wallet.