Cam MTB - the Cambridge Mountain Bikers' Forum

Click on the "return to website" button to see our new website with loads more details of who we are, where and when we ride and much more.

DISCLAIMER. MOUNTAIN BIKING CAN BE DANGEROUS. YOU JOIN US AT YOUR OWN RISK.

SAFETY BRIEFING.

• Wear a helmet. Despite recent advances in medical science, brains still cannot be mended nor replaced.
  • Wear gloves or mitts. Hands often hit the ground first. Cuts and grazes invite infection and a hospital visit.
  • Wear eye protection, it only takes a twig or thorn to lose an eye. Crud catchers are a good idea in mucky weather.
  • When downhilling, for your own protection, allow plenty of space behind the rider in front.
  • Bring a bare minimum emergency tool kit and a spare inner tube.
  • Breakdowns are a bore. Plan not to have any by ensuring your bike is in perfect working order.
  • Punctures are also tedious. You can minimise them by fitting latex tubes, slime tubes or running tubeless tyres.

Photo: CAMMTB Winter 2022-23 rides have been posted up - please click on the Runs List link..

CAMMTB Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Duncan got off lightly

http://www.guardian.co.uk/sport/video/2011/oct/11/antelope-crashes-cyclist-race-video

Re: Duncan got off lightly

One of the CCC roadies got taken out by a deer down near Saffron a few years ago - a herd crossed the road in front of the chain gang with no problems but then the stragglers got each other...

Paul

oh deer!

A bloke crashed right in front of me on the last lap of D2D on Sunday because a deer shot out right in front of him. I stopped to ask if he was alright, and he stared up at me from the muddy, tangled mess of his bike, with the look of a broken man, and said 'I'm a bit startled'.
The deer was unavailable for comment.

I blame the rider for failing to notice the antelope's audible warning. Didn't he hear the horn?