Cam MTB - the Cambridge Mountain Bikers' Forum

Click on the "return to website" button to see our new website with loads more details of who we are, where and when we ride and much more.

DISCLAIMER. MOUNTAIN BIKING CAN BE DANGEROUS. YOU JOIN US AT YOUR OWN RISK.

SAFETY BRIEFING.

• Wear a helmet. Despite recent advances in medical science, brains still cannot be mended nor replaced.
  • Wear gloves or mitts. Hands often hit the ground first. Cuts and grazes invite infection and a hospital visit.
  • Wear eye protection, it only takes a twig or thorn to lose an eye. Crud catchers are a good idea in mucky weather.
  • When downhilling, for your own protection, allow plenty of space behind the rider in front.
  • Bring a bare minimum emergency tool kit and a spare inner tube.
  • Breakdowns are a bore. Plan not to have any by ensuring your bike is in perfect working order.
  • Punctures are also tedious. You can minimise them by fitting latex tubes, slime tubes or running tubeless tyres.

Photo: CAMMTB Winter 2022-23 rides have been posted up - please click on the Runs List link..

CAMMTB Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Tree, Tree, Tree !!

yer-but-no-but ?
ok then, those with poor excuses to the back let's hear the "interesting ones" first from Tallack & Pastey T (one time, two time)

Re: Tree, Tree, Tree !!

I don't have any excuse at all that I can think of - so I'd better come out...

See you later
Dom

Excuse number 1: it's raining

Excuse number 2: I now have 4 bikes and can't decide which to ride.

Excuse number 3: the Feng Shui is all wrong!

I've caught pasty's manflu...

Might see you all on Thursday if everything has stopped aching

Not tonight - a build up of home maintenance tasks, one of which is now rather pressing. Hope to be out thurs. Pete

Here's mine...got home to discover my eccentric bottom bracket was more eccentric than ever before, no small thanks to ignoring it since the D2D mudfest.
All better now, so will try again on Thursday.

Oh, and it's scampi n chips for tea...

That's definitely worth staying in for!

In a basket I hope!

Moroccan chicken washed down with a nice drop of Cognac I found while rummaging in a deep cupboard----Laaaarverly-
Almost nearly regretted not riding tonight!