Cam MTB - the Cambridge Mountain Bikers' Forum

Click on the "return to website" button to see our new website with loads more details of who we are, where and when we ride and much more.

DISCLAIMER. MOUNTAIN BIKING CAN BE DANGEROUS. YOU JOIN US AT YOUR OWN RISK.

SAFETY BRIEFING.

• Wear a helmet. Despite recent advances in medical science, brains still cannot be mended nor replaced.
  • Wear gloves or mitts. Hands often hit the ground first. Cuts and grazes invite infection and a hospital visit.
  • Wear eye protection, it only takes a twig or thorn to lose an eye. Crud catchers are a good idea in mucky weather.
  • When downhilling, for your own protection, allow plenty of space behind the rider in front.
  • Bring a bare minimum emergency tool kit and a spare inner tube.
  • Breakdowns are a bore. Plan not to have any by ensuring your bike is in perfect working order.
  • Punctures are also tedious. You can minimise them by fitting latex tubes, slime tubes or running tubeless tyres.

Photo: CAMMTB Winter 2022-23 rides have been posted up - please click on the Runs List link..

CAMMTB Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Dry Horse @ Black Drayton

Can you see what I've done there ?? eh eh!!
I will if you will

Re: Dry Horse @ Black Drayton

Not for me tonight - wet and miserable (and then there's the weather...) and my sodding tendonitis has flared up after an outing on the road bike at the weekend.

Hope to be out on Thurs.

Paul

PS Isn't the Drayton Nag seriously at risk of being dry because it's shut when we turn up? The last two times I've been there because of the runs list it's not been open and we've had to bail elsewhere.

Doiggers, I keep meaning to ask is that VICTOR in the pick above ?

I'll be there

Duncan
Doiggers, I keep meaning to ask is that VICTOR in the pick above ?

Could be - it's from that Sunday morning 9am Addenbrooke's CCC MTB ride where only CamMTB and friends showed up last spring.

Anyone got a new photo I can use BTW?

Paul

I do like the Scottish hills, but would be better with some riders in! Just jealous really. New pics on the way for your consideration...

BBD

Paul D
PS Isn't the Drayton Nag seriously at risk of being dry because it's shut when we turn up? The last two times I've been there because of the runs list it's not been open and we've had to bail elsewhere.

I've just looked at their website and they say (slightly confusingly):

Opening times
Wed - Sun
11am - 11pm

Food times
Tues - Sat
12noon - 3pm, 6pm - 9pm

So did tonight's riders (if any) get a drink, I wonder?

Dom

Big Bad Dom
I do like the Scottish hills, but would be better with some riders in! Just jealous really. New pics on the way for your consideration...
BBD

Something up with your eyesight Dom?

Nothing much wrong with my eyesight, no Paul.

(Oh, hang on. I'm Tom......I'll get my goat)

PT

Taking advantage of my insecurities about my already failing vision is not big and it's not clever. Next thing you'll be making another age-related point about my memory...

Notwithstanding the fact that I can't remember whether this is the same picture or a different one, why is there a wildebeest in the foreground?

Old Bad Dom