Cam MTB - the Cambridge Mountain Bikers' Forum

Click on the "return to website" button to see our new website with loads more details of who we are, where and when we ride and much more.

DISCLAIMER. MOUNTAIN BIKING CAN BE DANGEROUS. YOU JOIN US AT YOUR OWN RISK.

SAFETY BRIEFING.

• Wear a helmet. Despite recent advances in medical science, brains still cannot be mended nor replaced.
  • Wear gloves or mitts. Hands often hit the ground first. Cuts and grazes invite infection and a hospital visit.
  • Wear eye protection, it only takes a twig or thorn to lose an eye. Crud catchers are a good idea in mucky weather.
  • When downhilling, for your own protection, allow plenty of space behind the rider in front.
  • Bring a bare minimum emergency tool kit and a spare inner tube.
  • Breakdowns are a bore. Plan not to have any by ensuring your bike is in perfect working order.
  • Punctures are also tedious. You can minimise them by fitting latex tubes, slime tubes or running tubeless tyres.

Photo: CAMMTB Winter 2022-23 rides have been posted up - please click on the Runs List link..

CAMMTB Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Carpenters Arms

Hi All. Website says 19th for the Carpenters Arms. I assume that's really the 17th??

Re: Carpenters Arms

Hi Steve, Yes it is. Hopefully see you later.

I hope to be out this evening. See you all then.

PT

I'll be out tonight

Me too. Forecast dry and 9C. Yummy!

Dom

Think I've swerved the thumb of doom this week, so I'm coming for pootle to the pub.

Blimey Pat, allowed out? Better get the beers in then and no sloping off early 'because I've got a spin class'!

I'm out too. Tony

I will be joining you this evening. Where are you leaving from this evening?

Heard it was parkers piece on tuesday but the website says otherwise??

Cheers

Dave Z

Hi Dave Zed (Zee? - I've never known how to spell Zabricky Zabiscuit Zabwiewickwie your name)

If it's not too late, rides always start from outside the Japas Bento Box restaurant (formerly known as the Cross Keys pub) at Brookside, Cambridge at 7.30 pm - unless they don't! But if not, it will always be discussed on this forum in advance...

Cheers
Dom

Cheers Dom.

See you all later!

Full of snot today, so I'm giving it a miss tonight. Have fun.