Cam MTB - the Cambridge Mountain Bikers' Forum

Click on the "return to website" button to see our new website with loads more details of who we are, where and when we ride and much more.

DISCLAIMER. MOUNTAIN BIKING CAN BE DANGEROUS. YOU JOIN US AT YOUR OWN RISK.

SAFETY BRIEFING.

• Wear a helmet. Despite recent advances in medical science, brains still cannot be mended nor replaced.
  • Wear gloves or mitts. Hands often hit the ground first. Cuts and grazes invite infection and a hospital visit.
  • Wear eye protection, it only takes a twig or thorn to lose an eye. Crud catchers are a good idea in mucky weather.
  • When downhilling, for your own protection, allow plenty of space behind the rider in front.
  • Bring a bare minimum emergency tool kit and a spare inner tube.
  • Breakdowns are a bore. Plan not to have any by ensuring your bike is in perfect working order.
  • Punctures are also tedious. You can minimise them by fitting latex tubes, slime tubes or running tubeless tyres.

Photo: CAMMTB Winter 2022-23 rides have been posted up - please click on the Runs List link..

CAMMTB Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Xmas dinner?

I've not been out much recently and I forgot to ask around on Tuesday but I was wondering where we are with arrangements for the Xmas dinner? Has someone taken on responsibility to get things organised? Do we have a venue booked?

Unfortunately I can't offer to do anything myself because my course work has completely taken over and I'm away again next week anyway.

Hopefully everything's sorted and I needn't have worried about it

Richard

Xmas dinner Tues 13th December -NOTE DATE CHANGE

Dear all

The Xmas dinner will be at the Castle Inn again this year on Tues 13th December. I hope to have menus to circulate to everyone later this week. The international man of mystery, DJ Pasty, has been signed up to compere the evening and is promising a change in format from recent years.

Re: Xmas dinner Tues 13th December -NOTE DATE CHANGE

Why the change of date Paul? I've had the 15th in my diary for ages and unfortunately I already have something on the 13th.

Richard

Apparently the room wasn't available. :-(

The other Paul

Hi Richard
As Paul said unfortunately when I tried to make the booking they already had 3 other parties that night. I'm not necessarily wedded to the 13th but if we want the 15th it will have to be somewhere else.
Cheers,
Paul