Cam MTB - the Cambridge Mountain Bikers' Forum

Click on the "return to website" button to see our new website with loads more details of who we are, where and when we ride and much more.

DISCLAIMER. MOUNTAIN BIKING CAN BE DANGEROUS. YOU JOIN US AT YOUR OWN RISK.

SAFETY BRIEFING.

• Wear a helmet. Despite recent advances in medical science, brains still cannot be mended nor replaced.
  • Wear gloves or mitts. Hands often hit the ground first. Cuts and grazes invite infection and a hospital visit.
  • Wear eye protection, it only takes a twig or thorn to lose an eye. Crud catchers are a good idea in mucky weather.
  • When downhilling, for your own protection, allow plenty of space behind the rider in front.
  • Bring a bare minimum emergency tool kit and a spare inner tube.
  • Breakdowns are a bore. Plan not to have any by ensuring your bike is in perfect working order.
  • Punctures are also tedious. You can minimise them by fitting latex tubes, slime tubes or running tubeless tyres.

Photo: CAMMTB Winter 2022-23 rides have been posted up - please click on the Runs List link..

CAMMTB Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Xmas Meal - Thanks Paul

Thanks to Paul for organising the Xmas meal. Another very entertaining evening and The Castle didn't disappoint with good food and rapid service.

Hope you all enjoyed the Tom and Dom prize-giving double-act.

PT

Re: Xmas Meal - Thanks Paul

Yes, thanks Paul. A good night all round. I hope everyone paid up. You know how tight these cycling types can be...

Thanks also to MC Pasty feat. Big Bad for all your efforts. You smashed it!

See you next time,

Mark

ditto.

Thanks for organising a good evening.

Thanks (I suppose) for the award, however I am keen to not have a hat-trick for bike wrecker of the year. Anything untoward happens to any of my bikes in the next year and I'm keeping quiet.

Thanks paul!
Jon and Duncan did you get home ok?

As the others have said - thanks very much. A fun and entertaining evening.

Rachel says she wants an award for sending me...

As for my award, well... I'd like to thank my parents...

Cheers one and all

Steve

Thanks to all the organisers for a fun evening

Excellent Evening - Thank You

Thank you Paul for organising last night's excellent soiree. Also to MC Pasty and his sidekick Dom for the awards. Closer inspection of the award this morning revealed a substantial heraldic input that was missed in the pomp and ceremony of the awards presentation. Apart from being unable to find the definition of Sproke. Google comes up with Sprocket, A word I identify with readily. So I will stop sproking, and see you for a ride on Thurs.

best wishes

Tom R

Re: Excellent Evening - Thank You

Yes, Thanks to Tom Dom for guiding us through a pleasurable evening without a byeway or closed road to hinder their comic banter which at times wavered way beyond anything Ant & Dec could be part of.
Thanks Paul for making that call & holding the purse strings.
I've presented Dioggers letter box with his esteemed award. Will also post Clem de menthes holiday suggestion to his last known hall of residence.
Dom, the bag's in the post.
Yesterday morning I was reminded of why I do not & how I don't understand you can drink that peat bog by product (Laphroaig) it's beyond me.... maybe I'm just a simple beer slurping sh#t house mechanic ?!?
See yer tonight !

Re: Excellent Evening - Thank You

Mmm, thanks Duncan and thanks all of you who voted for my ride! Which one was it that won the award?

Hope to at least make it to the pub over Xmas before I depart north to meet up with my winter mountain bike (assuming some Scots scrote straight out of Trainspotting hasn't already lifted it, that is...).

Paul