Cam MTB - the Cambridge Mountain Bikers' Forum

Click on the "return to website" button to see our new website with loads more details of who we are, where and when we ride and much more.

DISCLAIMER. MOUNTAIN BIKING CAN BE DANGEROUS. YOU JOIN US AT YOUR OWN RISK.

SAFETY BRIEFING.

• Wear a helmet. Despite recent advances in medical science, brains still cannot be mended nor replaced.
  • Wear gloves or mitts. Hands often hit the ground first. Cuts and grazes invite infection and a hospital visit.
  • Wear eye protection, it only takes a twig or thorn to lose an eye. Crud catchers are a good idea in mucky weather.
  • When downhilling, for your own protection, allow plenty of space behind the rider in front.
  • Bring a bare minimum emergency tool kit and a spare inner tube.
  • Breakdowns are a bore. Plan not to have any by ensuring your bike is in perfect working order.
  • Punctures are also tedious. You can minimise them by fitting latex tubes, slime tubes or running tubeless tyres.

Photo: CAMMTB Winter 2022-23 rides have been posted up - please click on the Runs List link..

CAMMTB Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
£22 cheapo head torch

On Thursday I was telling Dom about my new head torch so here is what I bought and where from. It was roughly £11 for the torch and £11 for the batteries and charger. I found it on the bike radar lights thread.

Mount
Charger
Batteries x2
Torch
Adapter plug

This is where I found all the info, they do talk about charging the batteries in a biscuit tin in case they explode so be careful...

Bike radar forum

Oh and they take about 3 weeks to come from china

Graham

Re: £22 cheapo head torch

Can someone please explain why we're not all riding £49 bikes from Tesco's?

Really?? Tesco do mountain bikes for £49??

Bloody hell - that's brilliant! I paid thousands for mine - allegedly on special offer - when I could have gone to Bar Hill and got one off the shelf.

Boy, have I learned my lesson!

PT

One reason we dont ride very low end mountain bikes is because their performance is significantly inferior to bicycles in the £500 and upwards bracket.

Although I have yet to see it, I suspect Graham's Head torch will have a lighting performance quite close to lights costing 6 times the amount. But it looks like substantial home insurance is required!

I've used one of these for a few years. Really good. Just bought a version that has a seperate battery. Remember to take a spare battery on the ride, the single one lasts about 2 hours.

Enjoy

Chris

mmmmmmmmmmmmmmm..... mine lasts 5 hrs on max......GGGGGGGRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR!!!!!

they are always out of stock!! (dud der der dud dud....dum dum)

Not supprised they are out of stock at that price!

At that price they can be considered disposable. If they last a year then you are quids in, if they last 2 years you are laughing.

I guess the only thing in favour of my lights is the 5 year replacement warranty if you can break them! I guess with my track record I need to stick to the AyUp's ;)