Cam MTB - the Cambridge Mountain Bikers' Forum

Click on the "return to website" button to see our new website with loads more details of who we are, where and when we ride and much more.

DISCLAIMER. MOUNTAIN BIKING CAN BE DANGEROUS. YOU JOIN US AT YOUR OWN RISK.

SAFETY BRIEFING.

• Wear a helmet. Despite recent advances in medical science, brains still cannot be mended nor replaced.
  • Wear gloves or mitts. Hands often hit the ground first. Cuts and grazes invite infection and a hospital visit.
  • Wear eye protection, it only takes a twig or thorn to lose an eye. Crud catchers are a good idea in mucky weather.
  • When downhilling, for your own protection, allow plenty of space behind the rider in front.
  • Bring a bare minimum emergency tool kit and a spare inner tube.
  • Breakdowns are a bore. Plan not to have any by ensuring your bike is in perfect working order.
  • Punctures are also tedious. You can minimise them by fitting latex tubes, slime tubes or running tubeless tyres.

Photo: CAMMTB Winter 2022-23 rides have been posted up - please click on the Runs List link..

CAMMTB Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Forum Is Getting Full

Hi All,

Whilst perusing the admin pages of the forum, I noticed that we had enough space for about another 118 posts (117 now), roughly another three week's worth.

We have a capacity of about 10,000 posts in all, so we've all been busy writers.

Unless anybody has any desires to keep some of the older forum posts, I propose to clear out a significant number of them, keeping, say the most recent half.

If you don't reply to this post within a week with an alternative plan, I'll assume satisfaction with this proposal. I couldn't see a way of archiving posts.

Thanks

PT

Re: Forum Is Getting Full

Could switch to some newer forum software, phpbb for instance. I could help in setting this up if needed.

Chris

Could you just transcribe the old posts and keep them in your loft?

Yes, I could keep them up there with the 'Mark Tallack Book of Useless Ideas', if my loft-boards could stand the strain.

PT

Pasty, my son, you have my blessing to go forth in the world and act as you believe to be the best interests of your flock.

Domine deus, spiritu sanctii, piraeus santorini, ave maria, trusthouse forte.

Amen

I could be wrong, but I think Bravenet automatically ditches the old posts to keep it floating nearish the 10,000 mark. It's been like that for quite some time.

Paul

Hi,

Well it filled up today and didn't sort itself out so I went in and deleted over 20% of the old posts from 2007-8.

It brought back a few memories...anyone remember The Flying Dutchman?

PT, aka WN