Cam MTB - the Cambridge Mountain Bikers' Forum

Click on the "return to website" button to see our new website with loads more details of who we are, where and when we ride and much more.

DISCLAIMER. MOUNTAIN BIKING CAN BE DANGEROUS. YOU JOIN US AT YOUR OWN RISK.

SAFETY BRIEFING.

• Wear a helmet. Despite recent advances in medical science, brains still cannot be mended nor replaced.
  • Wear gloves or mitts. Hands often hit the ground first. Cuts and grazes invite infection and a hospital visit.
  • Wear eye protection, it only takes a twig or thorn to lose an eye. Crud catchers are a good idea in mucky weather.
  • When downhilling, for your own protection, allow plenty of space behind the rider in front.
  • Bring a bare minimum emergency tool kit and a spare inner tube.
  • Breakdowns are a bore. Plan not to have any by ensuring your bike is in perfect working order.
  • Punctures are also tedious. You can minimise them by fitting latex tubes, slime tubes or running tubeless tyres.

Photo: CAMMTB Winter 2022-23 rides have been posted up - please click on the Runs List link..

CAMMTB Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Tonight

Anyone considering riding tonight-what do you reckon the trails will be like?

Re: Tonight

I'm planning to ride,hoping that the partial thaw will make the trails more rideable than Sunday, but if it re-freezes it could be a tad crusty. Will try out my ice-spike tyres.

planning on riding...

I suspect it will be hard going whatever this evening.

Starting to freeze--break out the buffalo!!

See ya later for the coldest ride yet

I've been outside all afternoon fitting security lights and I'm frozen! The temperature has tumbled in the last couple of hours. I had a look at the forecast:

OMG it's cold!

I think I'll pass tonight...

Have a good one, you brave soldiers
Dom

How was it? I wimped out!

It were Frippin' cold- -9.7 according to Eco's computer but with no wind it didn't feel too bad. Snow was as hard as rock and when you hit a drift it just grabbed hold of the wheels & stopped you dead.
Comment from the guys in the pub (6 Bells in Fulbourn in the end) was along the lines of "bl**dy Hell, things must be bad at home for you boys"

No way you were in Fulbourn and I didn't come out! Boo.

Superb clear and bright moon lit night...... Jon and I did a 26 miler to gransden and waresly