Cam MTB - the Cambridge Mountain Bikers' Forum

Click on the "return to website" button to see our new website with loads more details of who we are, where and when we ride and much more.

DISCLAIMER. MOUNTAIN BIKING CAN BE DANGEROUS. YOU JOIN US AT YOUR OWN RISK.

SAFETY BRIEFING.

• Wear a helmet. Despite recent advances in medical science, brains still cannot be mended nor replaced.
  • Wear gloves or mitts. Hands often hit the ground first. Cuts and grazes invite infection and a hospital visit.
  • Wear eye protection, it only takes a twig or thorn to lose an eye. Crud catchers are a good idea in mucky weather.
  • When downhilling, for your own protection, allow plenty of space behind the rider in front.
  • Bring a bare minimum emergency tool kit and a spare inner tube.
  • Breakdowns are a bore. Plan not to have any by ensuring your bike is in perfect working order.
  • Punctures are also tedious. You can minimise them by fitting latex tubes, slime tubes or running tubeless tyres.

Photo: CAMMTB Winter 2022-23 rides have been posted up - please click on the Runs List link..

CAMMTB Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Spring is in the air - Anyone for Horningsea?

I'll be out, anyone else coming? You can leave the tights Buffalo's and overshoes at home.

Re: Spring is in the air - Anyone for Horningsea?

Point of order for the grammatical pedants out there:

- is it "Buffaloes", "Buffalo's" or "Buffalos"???

I think the latter. Dom?

PT

I will be out

i fancy a spin.

I understand that a collection of buffalo can be called a gang, herd or obstinacy. I'm looking forward to joining the herd of obstinate gang bangers later, and i'll be dressed in appropriate attire for the prevailing air temperature.

Pat, I think Eco might find a use for your big tool.

I'm planning to be out, cant miss out on this weather.

Pete

I was clearing out my shed today and I found this strange looking thing called a mountain bike!! Am gonna dust it off & come oot the neet!!

Cheers
Geordynige

I'm not going to enter the fray on the Buffalo issue - you're all way beyond help - but Nige, I think it's worth pointing out that, given that you do now live in Cambridge, your last sentence should read: "I am going to dust it orf and come out tonight."

I hope this is helpful.

Dom

P.S. Good to hear you're still on planet MTB, Nige!

P.P.S. Gutted to have missed the warmth of last night. Straight out of page 1 of Pasty's little book, I've got a shitty cold...

Well, it's a shame that the Pedantry Master is not going to pronounce on the Buffalo conundrum. That said, a shitty cold is a pretty good excuse.

Can we be clear on this though? Is there actually shit, cold or otherwise, involved in your ailment? Or do you use the adjective metaphorically?

Stop me if I'm taking this pedantry too far.....

PT

Pasty - stop!