Cam MTB - the Cambridge Mountain Bikers' Forum

Click on the "return to website" button to see our new website with loads more details of who we are, where and when we ride and much more.

DISCLAIMER. MOUNTAIN BIKING CAN BE DANGEROUS. YOU JOIN US AT YOUR OWN RISK.

SAFETY BRIEFING.

• Wear a helmet. Despite recent advances in medical science, brains still cannot be mended nor replaced.
  • Wear gloves or mitts. Hands often hit the ground first. Cuts and grazes invite infection and a hospital visit.
  • Wear eye protection, it only takes a twig or thorn to lose an eye. Crud catchers are a good idea in mucky weather.
  • When downhilling, for your own protection, allow plenty of space behind the rider in front.
  • Bring a bare minimum emergency tool kit and a spare inner tube.
  • Breakdowns are a bore. Plan not to have any by ensuring your bike is in perfect working order.
  • Punctures are also tedious. You can minimise them by fitting latex tubes, slime tubes or running tubeless tyres.

Photo: CAMMTB Winter 2022-23 rides have been posted up - please click on the Runs List link..

CAMMTB Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
"Let the Bees...See the Wall"

(Subject line with apologies to Paddy McGuinness)

Anyone out tonight for some early, early summer riding?

PT

Re: "Let the Bees...See the Wall"

Yes

Since brevity is the soul of wit,
And tediousness the limbs and outward flourishes,
I will be brief - I will forsooth sally forth
This night, on wheels oil'd and ready
For the fight, the struggle, the climactic arrival
And the glory that the taking part dost most verily provide.

Nope, too busy. No doubt I wont be when its next very wet. Hmmph....

However, hope you have a great ride

Yes, I'll be out. Can we ride past some Daily Mail readers queueing at petrol stations please?

Not tonight, Whittlesford is a tad out of range. From where I am sitting I can see real mountains and real forests. I'll draw a picture if you like. Sadly I have no wheels here to take advantage of the location. Have a good one. Tony

I'm out (and proud) - can we change that picture of the fat old bloke in the invalid chair?

I'll join you for a spin

I went out to the shed today to fix the puncture I had as we left the pub on Thursday.
17 thorns and a 1/2 inch nail later I now have 2 new latex tubes fitted.

Still It could have been worse, I may have had to stop and fix each puncture if they were normal byutil tubes.

How did everyone else fair?