Cam MTB - the Cambridge Mountain Bikers' Forum

Click on the "return to website" button to see our new website with loads more details of who we are, where and when we ride and much more.

DISCLAIMER. MOUNTAIN BIKING CAN BE DANGEROUS. YOU JOIN US AT YOUR OWN RISK.

SAFETY BRIEFING.

• Wear a helmet. Despite recent advances in medical science, brains still cannot be mended nor replaced.
  • Wear gloves or mitts. Hands often hit the ground first. Cuts and grazes invite infection and a hospital visit.
  • Wear eye protection, it only takes a twig or thorn to lose an eye. Crud catchers are a good idea in mucky weather.
  • When downhilling, for your own protection, allow plenty of space behind the rider in front.
  • Bring a bare minimum emergency tool kit and a spare inner tube.
  • Breakdowns are a bore. Plan not to have any by ensuring your bike is in perfect working order.
  • Punctures are also tedious. You can minimise them by fitting latex tubes, slime tubes or running tubeless tyres.

Photo: CAMMTB Winter 2022-23 rides have been posted up - please click on the Runs List link..

CAMMTB Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Tree Start Tree Finish Tonight - All welcome

Looking forward to tonights ride, and beer. Thanks to all who have replied. I have catered for extra, so please come and ride even if you haven't replied to the sticky at the top of the page.

see you this evening Tom R

Re: Tree Start Tree Finish Tonight - All welcome

I haven't replied to the sticky at the top but I am hoping to make it out tonight. Things may be tight with work tonight so don't wait up for me in Stapleford.

Thanks for organizing a great evening Tom, and for everyone else who contributed (Pasty, Claire, etc).

This is what makes CamMTB so great...

See you all next time!

Ditto. Thanks Tom!

So, who's got a big birthday coming up next????

Dom

I guess the next big one will have to be 5 July!

Likewise, thanks to all involved for a very good evening

Cheers Tom for laying on the lovely nosh last night,
it made a pleasant change from the normal
peanut/crisps/scratchings fare!
Wasn't so keen on following the Fenton Express home after that lot mind you!

Yep, thanks Tom for a really good evening (and Tom & Claire). Hope it was a worthy celebration of your 'big' year.

Richard

What a spread! That was the sort of post-ride sports nutrition I could do with every week.

Thanks again to the birthday boy for organising the ride and the nosh, and to Claire for the cake. You ought to be 60 more often, Tom.

Tom L.

Thank You for a Great Sexagenarian Soiree

Thank you all for a great evening. For everyone coming along.It was an excellent way to celebrate a 'big' birthday. As Mark said further up the thread it what makes Cam MTB a special group. Thanks to everyone for the Birthday Prezzie - Industrial Size Campagnolo Corkscrew, an unexpected (unecessary)and much appreciated surprise. It is 8.15 p.m. Friday. I can now report it takes corks out of bottles. A special thank you too to Clare for the cracking birthday cake. All in all it was great evening for me See you next week. Tom R