Cam MTB - the Cambridge Mountain Bikers' Forum

Click on the "return to website" button to see our new website with loads more details of who we are, where and when we ride and much more.

DISCLAIMER. MOUNTAIN BIKING CAN BE DANGEROUS. YOU JOIN US AT YOUR OWN RISK.

SAFETY BRIEFING.

• Wear a helmet. Despite recent advances in medical science, brains still cannot be mended nor replaced.
  • Wear gloves or mitts. Hands often hit the ground first. Cuts and grazes invite infection and a hospital visit.
  • Wear eye protection, it only takes a twig or thorn to lose an eye. Crud catchers are a good idea in mucky weather.
  • When downhilling, for your own protection, allow plenty of space behind the rider in front.
  • Bring a bare minimum emergency tool kit and a spare inner tube.
  • Breakdowns are a bore. Plan not to have any by ensuring your bike is in perfect working order.
  • Punctures are also tedious. You can minimise them by fitting latex tubes, slime tubes or running tubeless tyres.

Photo: CAMMTB Winter 2022-23 rides have been posted up - please click on the Runs List link..

CAMMTB Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Exactly how jolly are those millers going to be?

Well, the runs-list shows 'nham as tonight's destination, and Pasty had a word in my shell-like a week ago, suggesting that a local man might bring a little additional something to it if leading the ride.

So, tonight will be the Turd Frolic (apologies to our Irish readers), and I will be awarding myself and Pete 300 points for turning up, and no-one else anything. Pasty, Tony and Charlie, read it and weep!

I have in mind an easy-ish ride out to Coton, up to Bar Hill and on to the metropolis that is Cottenham via Longstanton and Rampton. Round trip 25 miles. Forecast suggests it might be dry-ish - but only in the air, not on the ground...

I look forward to seeing the brave or foolhardy tonight!
Dom

Re: Exactly how jolly are those millers going to be?

well i'm planning on using the opportunity tonight to add to the mud still on my frame from last week, but i may empty a bit out of the pack to compensate for the expected weight gain.

will i need to bring some of that expanding foam stuff to fix the punctures when we run out of spare tubes?

Brave, foolhardy, or maybe just pleased with myself for getting my latest coursework in the post on time this afternoon :0) I'll be riding tonight and looking forward to the short blast back home from the pub afterwards, for a change...
Was that a violin I heard from one of you southerners? No, thought not

Richard

I'm not coming if I'm not getting points.

Me neither. Call that a frolic do you?

Well I can say it was a frolic of epic proportions, what with the tour of Longstanton golf course, yes all 18 holes, and the trip to a pub that is "closed until further notice" in nice big print on the window that was passed on the way to the start, how could it not be a frolic.

You all missed out on a fun ride you softies

Tell me Pat, who was navigating?

If you have to ask that question then I think you already suspect the answer, but if you are in doubt look to the picture on the forum at the moment.

Oh, OK. I see.....