Cam MTB - the Cambridge Mountain Bikers' Forum

Click on the "return to website" button to see our new website with loads more details of who we are, where and when we ride and much more.

DISCLAIMER. MOUNTAIN BIKING CAN BE DANGEROUS. YOU JOIN US AT YOUR OWN RISK.

SAFETY BRIEFING.

• Wear a helmet. Despite recent advances in medical science, brains still cannot be mended nor replaced.
  • Wear gloves or mitts. Hands often hit the ground first. Cuts and grazes invite infection and a hospital visit.
  • Wear eye protection, it only takes a twig or thorn to lose an eye. Crud catchers are a good idea in mucky weather.
  • When downhilling, for your own protection, allow plenty of space behind the rider in front.
  • Bring a bare minimum emergency tool kit and a spare inner tube.
  • Breakdowns are a bore. Plan not to have any by ensuring your bike is in perfect working order.
  • Punctures are also tedious. You can minimise them by fitting latex tubes, slime tubes or running tubeless tyres.

Photo: CAMMTB Winter 2022-23 rides have been posted up - please click on the Runs List link..

CAMMTB Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
red house?

Longstowe anybody? Now where did I put that moustache?

Re: red house?

Hi Tony,

I'm planning to ride. Not sure whether to take the tache or a bundle of change. Or even my own beer.

PT

PS Are the emoticons supposed to be Village People? Is the Pharoah one a substitute for the construction worker?

hoping to be out...but will be on a bike with gears for a change as the single speed is under repair!

Should be out. was thinking that if we started slightly earlier we could do a really good route I have cunningly constructed !

That's OK if everyone reads your post before they leave...

Do you have many ditch crossings in mind?

Tom

you know the tune.....

Duncan, so you think you would like
to go for - a longer ride on your bike
and you think - we should start early tonight
when should we all be leaving?
da da da da

it's fun to drink at the Red House, Longstowe
it's fun to drink at the Red House, Longstowe

What time then?

i'm planning to ride tonight.
i have 8 sparkly pound coins and a load of paper notes both brown and purple.

i have cunningly fitted my summer tyres for tonight so i will be first into the ditch with the wheels in the air.

I was thinking of starting yesterday afternoon..... suppose its too late now ?

Hmm! Perhaps I should not tempt fate like that.

You may have tempted fate, Pat, but you weren't the only one. I've just realised that Simon's post is an anagram of "I expect to put my front wheel in a rabbit hole and have a rest upside-down in a huge bed of nettles"

PT

Yes it was a restless night with my arms and legs still stinging through the night!.... I wondered why everyone was hanging back behind pasty up that hill....and then I realised why! It was an eventful but great ride....especially Duncan's little 3 mile detour that seem to take us about an hour