Cam MTB - the Cambridge Mountain Bikers' Forum

Click on the "return to website" button to see our new website with loads more details of who we are, where and when we ride and much more.

DISCLAIMER. MOUNTAIN BIKING CAN BE DANGEROUS. YOU JOIN US AT YOUR OWN RISK.

SAFETY BRIEFING.

• Wear a helmet. Despite recent advances in medical science, brains still cannot be mended nor replaced.
  • Wear gloves or mitts. Hands often hit the ground first. Cuts and grazes invite infection and a hospital visit.
  • Wear eye protection, it only takes a twig or thorn to lose an eye. Crud catchers are a good idea in mucky weather.
  • When downhilling, for your own protection, allow plenty of space behind the rider in front.
  • Bring a bare minimum emergency tool kit and a spare inner tube.
  • Breakdowns are a bore. Plan not to have any by ensuring your bike is in perfect working order.
  • Punctures are also tedious. You can minimise them by fitting latex tubes, slime tubes or running tubeless tyres.

Photo: CAMMTB Winter 2022-23 rides have been posted up - please click on the Runs List link..

CAMMTB Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Anyone for Over? Over....

Please join me tonight for a mini-epic to Over.

Since I live there I will be "doing a Dom" - with Dom and Alison as it happens - and cycling in.

The forecast is for perhaps some patchy light rain with dry, clear interludes and light winds. Remember that the beer is competitively priced there.

I might add some cheeky loops towards the end, but all will come with a verifiable mileage and cowshit warning.

PT

Re: Anyone for Over? Over....

I'll be there. Bringing a Rich along too that I picked up in cyberspace.

Tony

Afternoon Pasty,
I am in with my nice new headset installed by that man that does a very good wheel!!

Geordynige

I'll be riding tonight. Planning to get the train into town to save my legs for the ride home. Apologies in advance if it's running a few minutes late and I'm a bit late arriving at the start.

Richard

Re: Anyone for Over? Over and Out...

Sorry Pasty,

Will have to give this one a miss - Not yet signed off for tonight's dose of flat-out mountain biking. Hopefully out next week.

Must get to grips with this Viewranger stuff....

pete

Looking forward to my first CAM MTB ride in about a year ...
How much cowshit notice are you going to give us Pasty?

Pasty,
Can you send me your work email again I tried tlee @ and it bounced back

Cheers
GN

There's really only one section toward the end, by the river. Oh, and there's flies there too. Nice.

PT

i plan to come along tonight, still got the same summer tyres on as last week, hopefully i will stay on the straight and narrow and upright this time.