Cam MTB - the Cambridge Mountain Bikers' Forum

Click on the "return to website" button to see our new website with loads more details of who we are, where and when we ride and much more.

DISCLAIMER. MOUNTAIN BIKING CAN BE DANGEROUS. YOU JOIN US AT YOUR OWN RISK.

SAFETY BRIEFING.

• Wear a helmet. Despite recent advances in medical science, brains still cannot be mended nor replaced.
  • Wear gloves or mitts. Hands often hit the ground first. Cuts and grazes invite infection and a hospital visit.
  • Wear eye protection, it only takes a twig or thorn to lose an eye. Crud catchers are a good idea in mucky weather.
  • When downhilling, for your own protection, allow plenty of space behind the rider in front.
  • Bring a bare minimum emergency tool kit and a spare inner tube.
  • Breakdowns are a bore. Plan not to have any by ensuring your bike is in perfect working order.
  • Punctures are also tedious. You can minimise them by fitting latex tubes, slime tubes or running tubeless tyres.

Photo: CAMMTB Winter 2022-23 rides have been posted up - please click on the Runs List link..

CAMMTB Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Headset/PF30 Press

Anyone have a headset/Pressfit BB press I could borrow in exchange for a few beers?

Re: Headset/PF30 Press

A good bike shop, of which there are several in Cambridge!
With all due respect, I wouldn't lend professional tools to an amateur, however experienced. I can recommend several workshops locally that have both the tools and expertise to perform this simple task, and will not charge more than the cost of a couple of beers.

If you're not sure who to use, visit one or two. Get to know them, and you'll soon work out who you can trust with your pride and joy. It's the best way, and when you find there's a job you can't do yourself, with or without the required tools, they will more than likely be able to help you out.

I will now get off my soap-box and get back to work.

Thanks Mark. I worked as a mechanic for 10 years so I know what I am doing.

Cool. I hope you understood my point though. It wasn't really aimed at you specifically, but as a bit of advice for folk in general.

Hi pat- exactly what I need. Where are you located?

Hi Wes,
I live in Chesterton but work in Milton,
If you want I could drop them around tomorrow evening as the wife is away for a couple of weeks, I have no time constraints so anytime from 6 pm if that suits?

No, I think that you are been very unreasonable does the cycle industry need cotton gloves half the repairs they do are shabby and without any knowledge or care for the good of the general cycle loving public. Its about time it had a shake
Up. Too much money been made on some very run of the mill poor quality Japanese goods. The sooner China devalues it the better.

Eh?