Cam MTB - the Cambridge Mountain Bikers' Forum

Click on the "return to website" button to see our new website with loads more details of who we are, where and when we ride and much more.

DISCLAIMER. MOUNTAIN BIKING CAN BE DANGEROUS. YOU JOIN US AT YOUR OWN RISK.

SAFETY BRIEFING.

• Wear a helmet. Despite recent advances in medical science, brains still cannot be mended nor replaced.
  • Wear gloves or mitts. Hands often hit the ground first. Cuts and grazes invite infection and a hospital visit.
  • Wear eye protection, it only takes a twig or thorn to lose an eye. Crud catchers are a good idea in mucky weather.
  • When downhilling, for your own protection, allow plenty of space behind the rider in front.
  • Bring a bare minimum emergency tool kit and a spare inner tube.
  • Breakdowns are a bore. Plan not to have any by ensuring your bike is in perfect working order.
  • Punctures are also tedious. You can minimise them by fitting latex tubes, slime tubes or running tubeless tyres.

Photo: CAMMTB Winter 2022-23 rides have been posted up - please click on the Runs List link..

CAMMTB Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Thetford anybody?

Anyone up for Thetford tonight or is the possibility of seeing a Bulgarian woman's snatch on TV more tempting?

Weightlifting, for God's sake!

Re: Thetford anybody?

Hi Tony,

If no takers, I'm up for a local ride.

Pete

i'm up for Thetford or local, if Thetford i will need a lift from some kind chaufer please.

Bah humbug! Too much work as I'm on holiday next week; I won't be leaving work 'til late.

I may join you later at the pub if you're doing a local bimble.

PT

Pat, I could give you a lift if required. Prepared to go local too though.

Cheers Tony,
i will watch the forum until about 5:30pm to see if we are riding Thetford or not, then call you on your mobile the make arangments if we are in Thetford,if that is ok.

Hi Pat,

From my totally un-biased viewpoint, I would say its gone in favour of Thetford! I'll keep monitoring till 6pm.

Pete

Me un Bowes will b riding from the hairy hounds at 19.30
The more the merrier !

Hi Pete, I've just spoken to tony and we think in the absence of other interested parties going to Thetford we will ride local.
We are thinking of a westish ride and a finish at the Blue Lion in Hardwick, but this can be confirmed at the start of the ride from Brookside.

Laters.

I'll be at the Hairy Hounds for 19:30, thanks for the suggestion!