Cam MTB - the Cambridge Mountain Bikers' Forum

Click on the "return to website" button to see our new website with loads more details of who we are, where and when we ride and much more.

DISCLAIMER. MOUNTAIN BIKING CAN BE DANGEROUS. YOU JOIN US AT YOUR OWN RISK.

SAFETY BRIEFING.

• Wear a helmet. Despite recent advances in medical science, brains still cannot be mended nor replaced.
  • Wear gloves or mitts. Hands often hit the ground first. Cuts and grazes invite infection and a hospital visit.
  • Wear eye protection, it only takes a twig or thorn to lose an eye. Crud catchers are a good idea in mucky weather.
  • When downhilling, for your own protection, allow plenty of space behind the rider in front.
  • Bring a bare minimum emergency tool kit and a spare inner tube.
  • Breakdowns are a bore. Plan not to have any by ensuring your bike is in perfect working order.
  • Punctures are also tedious. You can minimise them by fitting latex tubes, slime tubes or running tubeless tyres.

Photo: CAMMTB Winter 2022-23 rides have been posted up - please click on the Runs List link..

CAMMTB Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Sunday Rides

Does anyone fancy riding on sunday mornings (most likely starting from Addenbrookes at) 9am
Slowerbilty of a longer ride and most of all A CUP OF TEA....oooooooo... somewhere niiiice
Starting 2nd September one of the Sunday lot is leading a ride titled 'Tour of Cambridge' obviously we know better but in the spirit of cross discipline arms around the world didn't we do well in the ollyims etc we'll go along with this.
So charge your camelbaks & head for the bus stop at Addees let's show em what were made of !?!
Huzzars !!!!
Does my fat arse look big in this..... hang on, what is this..... oh right, phew only a bit of belly button fluff, thought it was a Skoda Yeti for a minute sorry didn't mean to mention the S word.

Re: Sunday Rides

Yuuup, will join ya in a couple of weeks time, once Ive got my Duathlon out of the way.

Might be up for some of that. Who is the 'Sunday Lot'? Is it the Mormons?

Might not make the first 2 weekends of Sept though. Going mountain biking...

I would be up for this

Duncan,

Forgot to ask, is this an Mtb ride or Road scumming ride?

Its a fat tyre thing... Is there any other?