Cam MTB - the Cambridge Mountain Bikers' Forum

Click on the "return to website" button to see our new website with loads more details of who we are, where and when we ride and much more.

DISCLAIMER. MOUNTAIN BIKING CAN BE DANGEROUS. YOU JOIN US AT YOUR OWN RISK.

SAFETY BRIEFING.

• Wear a helmet. Despite recent advances in medical science, brains still cannot be mended nor replaced.
  • Wear gloves or mitts. Hands often hit the ground first. Cuts and grazes invite infection and a hospital visit.
  • Wear eye protection, it only takes a twig or thorn to lose an eye. Crud catchers are a good idea in mucky weather.
  • When downhilling, for your own protection, allow plenty of space behind the rider in front.
  • Bring a bare minimum emergency tool kit and a spare inner tube.
  • Breakdowns are a bore. Plan not to have any by ensuring your bike is in perfect working order.
  • Punctures are also tedious. You can minimise them by fitting latex tubes, slime tubes or running tubeless tyres.

Photo: CAMMTB Winter 2022-23 rides have been posted up - please click on the Runs List link..

CAMMTB Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment

Hi - new to Cambridge and wanted to find some local MTB routes (albeit flat ones!) - can I just turn up tomorrow? What is PALS Big Adventure?
Cheers.

Re: Newbie

Hi Lizzi, it is Paul's bi-annual orienteering style event where you get into pairs and go round and try and bag points and then get to the pub for 10. It is totally different to a normal ride but no reason why you can't just turn up, if there is an odd number can make up a 3?

Do you have good lights? It is generally considered bad form to turn up with lights that don't work very well/give up after the first five minutes of dark (ahem, cough cough, no not me guv'nor) If you haven't I would offer to lend you some but mine are bust, but maybe someone else might?

Hi Claire, yep have some decent lights that should last :) sounds cool - will you be there tomorrow? Meet point at the bottom of Lensfield Rd is that right?

Not sure probably not, dragging family up north to do some riding this weekend so think I have used up my biking brownie points for the week!!

possibly depending on where the end pub is I might though...

There will probably be a few people posting tomorrow though as some people will probably arrange to pair up before meeting. And yes that's the one, re meeting point. Near the snug bar.

Ok looks like I will be out, pub is just up the road from me so can't resist...

we can pair up if you like, if you would like a slow partner who is crap at knowing where they are going?

Haha, selling myself here

Hey Claire

I didnt make it yesterday in the end (work - grr) but am deffo up for Tues, sounds like its a bog standard one too so no navigating required
Hope to c u then!

Ok see you next week maybe!