Cam MTB - the Cambridge Mountain Bikers' Forum

Click on the "return to website" button to see our new website with loads more details of who we are, where and when we ride and much more.

DISCLAIMER. MOUNTAIN BIKING CAN BE DANGEROUS. YOU JOIN US AT YOUR OWN RISK.

SAFETY BRIEFING.

• Wear a helmet. Despite recent advances in medical science, brains still cannot be mended nor replaced.
  • Wear gloves or mitts. Hands often hit the ground first. Cuts and grazes invite infection and a hospital visit.
  • Wear eye protection, it only takes a twig or thorn to lose an eye. Crud catchers are a good idea in mucky weather.
  • When downhilling, for your own protection, allow plenty of space behind the rider in front.
  • Bring a bare minimum emergency tool kit and a spare inner tube.
  • Breakdowns are a bore. Plan not to have any by ensuring your bike is in perfect working order.
  • Punctures are also tedious. You can minimise them by fitting latex tubes, slime tubes or running tubeless tyres.

Photo: CAMMTB Winter 2022-23 rides have been posted up - please click on the Runs List link..

CAMMTB Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
New steps to try - only ankle-bells, no sticks please

Good day morrisers

This weekend, I'm sure you'll all recall that the Winforton Troop are travelling southwest and dancing outside the Badger's Only Child pub in Tolpuddle. It's our great good fortune to have had some new movements worked out for us by the legendary Tatty FitzHall of the Milford Morris. Please could everyone attend practice on Friday night to ensure that we're up to speed.

As mentioned in the title, we'll be using ankle-bells as usual, but please, no sticks - Tatty remains unconvinced that they're part of early Morris paraphernalia. Also, in a break with tradition, we'll be sporting cockatoo feathers in hats for the weekend - please see Jennifer O'Hanra'ohanrahan, our secretary, if you're unsure where to get them.

Tootles
Jonny

Re: New steps to try - only ankle-bells, no sticks please

sounds like one of our stag or hen parties, where do you fit in the trip to A & E?

Tootle Pip
Pat

Well, there is no pub called the Badger's Only Child in Tolpuddle.

I'm very disappointed in you Jonny TwoHat - confess your real identity or another Beluga Whale dies.

Well, my first is in Jonny TwoHat but not in Puncture TwoHat, and my third is in Fulbourn but not in Balsham. My ankle-bells tinkle but my stick doesn't. Oh, and I like caviar.

Can you tell who I am yet?

Jonny

Your first is in 'Dance' but not in 'looking like a prat'
Your second is in 'Old tosser' but not in 'aged git'
Your third is in 'Pewter mug' and also in 'morris'
Your spelling appears to be influenced by the Jolly Green Giant...

Oh, Hank, you're so smart! I am exposed.

I'm slightly agrieved about your spelling coment, though. Shurely I speltt cavviar right?

JT