Cam MTB - the Cambridge Mountain Bikers' Forum

Click on the "return to website" button to see our new website with loads more details of who we are, where and when we ride and much more.

DISCLAIMER. MOUNTAIN BIKING CAN BE DANGEROUS. YOU JOIN US AT YOUR OWN RISK.

SAFETY BRIEFING.

• Wear a helmet. Despite recent advances in medical science, brains still cannot be mended nor replaced.
  • Wear gloves or mitts. Hands often hit the ground first. Cuts and grazes invite infection and a hospital visit.
  • Wear eye protection, it only takes a twig or thorn to lose an eye. Crud catchers are a good idea in mucky weather.
  • When downhilling, for your own protection, allow plenty of space behind the rider in front.
  • Bring a bare minimum emergency tool kit and a spare inner tube.
  • Breakdowns are a bore. Plan not to have any by ensuring your bike is in perfect working order.
  • Punctures are also tedious. You can minimise them by fitting latex tubes, slime tubes or running tubeless tyres.

Photo: CAMMTB Winter 2022-23 rides have been posted up - please click on the Runs List link..

CAMMTB Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Show Us Yours #4

Evenin'

No posts yet on tomorrow's ride! Alison and I have just had a very enjoyable evening in the White Horse in Oakington which has had a beer festival all weekend. It sounds like it's gone well. They've still got some beer left, including a very fine beer from Tring Brewery, Lord Derby, which was only tapped today and is delicious.

I'd like a ride tomorrow night which ends there, to support a pub trying hard in the current difficult climate - and because they've got good beer which will be a bit cheaper than usual tomorrow night! Anyone wanting to ride round a cap-park or a golf course may be disappointed - I intend not to get lost.

Despite the rain tonight, the forecast (if you believe them any more) says it will be dry by 5am and stay that way all day and night tomorrow. We'll see...

Dom

Re: Show Us Yours #4

I hope to be out, not promising though. I swear if I had 10 bikes they'd all be bust :-)

What have you done to your nice new bike....

I'll be out

Re: What have you done to your nice new bike....

Very funny Paul *cough* might have taken the cranks off accidentally undone the bottom bracket and can't get it back on again *cough*

Re: What have you done to your nice new bike....

Plan to be out.

Thanks for a good ride Dom

I hope Ian is not suffering too much this morning.

Yeah, a good ride, thank you.
It featured all my favourite aspects of a 'Show us Yours'...

Great company
New tracks
Mild confusion
Angry farmer/military person in an off-road vehicle
Erotic Art
Beer

See you all next time!

MT

Sounds exciting! Does the combo of new tracks+mild confusion+angry person suggest that Dom, despite his stated intention, did in fact get lost?

Not lost, as such, we just free-styled a bit...

Thanks Mark - that's about on a par with David Cameron saying that one of the Cabinet has his full support...

I refer the right honourable gentleman to my original statement...