Cam MTB - the Cambridge Mountain Bikers' Forum

Click on the "return to website" button to see our new website with loads more details of who we are, where and when we ride and much more.

DISCLAIMER. MOUNTAIN BIKING CAN BE DANGEROUS. YOU JOIN US AT YOUR OWN RISK.

SAFETY BRIEFING.

• Wear a helmet. Despite recent advances in medical science, brains still cannot be mended nor replaced.
  • Wear gloves or mitts. Hands often hit the ground first. Cuts and grazes invite infection and a hospital visit.
  • Wear eye protection, it only takes a twig or thorn to lose an eye. Crud catchers are a good idea in mucky weather.
  • When downhilling, for your own protection, allow plenty of space behind the rider in front.
  • Bring a bare minimum emergency tool kit and a spare inner tube.
  • Breakdowns are a bore. Plan not to have any by ensuring your bike is in perfect working order.
  • Punctures are also tedious. You can minimise them by fitting latex tubes, slime tubes or running tubeless tyres.

Photo: CAMMTB Winter 2022-23 rides have been posted up - please click on the Runs List link..

CAMMTB Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Lights, forks and stuff For Sale

Hi all............it's clear out time
I have for sale a very little used Exposure Diablo mark 3. Superb light, bought on a must buy one of those shopping therapy type moments ten months ago under the impression that I wanted to try a helmet light...... I didn't & have done noting else with it since !
Boxed, usb charger, charging lead, lanyard & helmet mount
£125.00

I also have a light and motion Seca 700 (newer low profile mount) front light, multi chem charger, 3 cell battery, again very little use, bought for Rachel to "start" night riding again, but unfortunately the idea never came to fruition. In my opinion (and poss others too!) Seca lamps have by far the best reflector & lense of any light out there, giving superb widely spread lower light close to you and excellent distance beam ahead. No light is wasted lighting the trees above, behind or out to the wide sides nor do you get the freaky disconserting halo of light above/just in front of your helmet when riding through woods or tunnels !
£110.00 and I'll also throw in a Light and motion Stella 200 commuter lamp that can run off the same battery.

Also have a pair of 26" Rock shox reba Team poplock forks for sale, 2005 not used for last three years £75.00

2008 black with silver 29" Rock shox Reba Race pop lock forks, used six times (prefer Niner ridged forks)
£130

2009/10 white 29" Fox Forxs float RL used three times (don't ask why.... i wanted a pair....ok )
£200

USE shock post with alien head, 25.4mm with 27.2mm shim
£20

Black SDG Formula FXR edge flex Titanium rails, (retail at £110.00), good condition
£45
www.tredz.co.uk/.SDG-Formula-FXR-Saddle-W-Solid-Ti-Rails_16960.html

Will post on here for a week then it's Hi Ho, Hi Ho it's off to Ebay they go

Call me on zero 7 eight zero two 1 8 3 3 two one
or twoplumbers at g m a i l dot com