Cam MTB - the Cambridge Mountain Bikers' Forum

Click on the "return to website" button to see our new website with loads more details of who we are, where and when we ride and much more.

DISCLAIMER. MOUNTAIN BIKING CAN BE DANGEROUS. YOU JOIN US AT YOUR OWN RISK.

SAFETY BRIEFING.

• Wear a helmet. Despite recent advances in medical science, brains still cannot be mended nor replaced.
  • Wear gloves or mitts. Hands often hit the ground first. Cuts and grazes invite infection and a hospital visit.
  • Wear eye protection, it only takes a twig or thorn to lose an eye. Crud catchers are a good idea in mucky weather.
  • When downhilling, for your own protection, allow plenty of space behind the rider in front.
  • Bring a bare minimum emergency tool kit and a spare inner tube.
  • Breakdowns are a bore. Plan not to have any by ensuring your bike is in perfect working order.
  • Punctures are also tedious. You can minimise them by fitting latex tubes, slime tubes or running tubeless tyres.

Photo: CAMMTB Winter 2022-23 rides have been posted up - please click on the Runs List link..

CAMMTB Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Duk til Dawn

So....... Ho did everyone do then?

Re: Duk til Dawn

Results are now up on Time Laps.

Re: Duk til Dawn

I came in at 5th in the female solo :)
*which is overall time/laps equivalent to 81st in the men's field of 122 riders!*

Re: Dusk til Dawn

Well done Clare and Mark for your solo efforts. And to Shelton, even though he doesn't play with us much nowadays.

Paul and I came in 37th out of 48 male pairs - not bad considering we were both a bit sick with colds. Ignore most of our lap times as we gave up handing over at the start/finish line after a while and handed over back at our tent instead.

My first lap, ironically one of my fastest, was a bit of a disaster being marred by seatpost trouble, horrendous lower back pain and feeling nauseous after 6 miles. I sorted that out for laps 2, 3 and 4 and made sure that I took it a bit easier and stopped when I needed it for a stretch and a gel - that stuff makes you feel alive again!!

It was a really good course - a bit muddy in places (and mud tyres were the best to have) but the section from about mile 5.5 to mile 8 was fantastic - Tom's Pit, Super Double Dog (I think), MX Trail and Double Shocker were in great condition.

And boy - some of the crashes I saw would have won the award this year!!

Cheers

PT

Re: Dusk til Dawn

Big Dog Double Supreme!

Great efforts from all the CamMTB riders, well done!