Cam MTB - the Cambridge Mountain Bikers' Forum

Click on the "return to website" button to see our new website with loads more details of who we are, where and when we ride and much more.

DISCLAIMER. MOUNTAIN BIKING CAN BE DANGEROUS. YOU JOIN US AT YOUR OWN RISK.

SAFETY BRIEFING.

• Wear a helmet. Despite recent advances in medical science, brains still cannot be mended nor replaced.
  • Wear gloves or mitts. Hands often hit the ground first. Cuts and grazes invite infection and a hospital visit.
  • Wear eye protection, it only takes a twig or thorn to lose an eye. Crud catchers are a good idea in mucky weather.
  • When downhilling, for your own protection, allow plenty of space behind the rider in front.
  • Bring a bare minimum emergency tool kit and a spare inner tube.
  • Breakdowns are a bore. Plan not to have any by ensuring your bike is in perfect working order.
  • Punctures are also tedious. You can minimise them by fitting latex tubes, slime tubes or running tubeless tyres.

Photo: CAMMTB Winter 2022-23 rides have been posted up - please click on the Runs List link..

CAMMTB Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
A damp doodle to the Blue Ball ?

Anyone fancy a (dry as we can find it) pootle/doodle/poodle this eve ?

Re: A damp doodle to the Blue Ball ?

i'll bring me brolly.....think i have everything else but that in my pack at the mo.

hmmm. I may be washing my hair.

Mr Lee...?

Sorry, due to a rather demanding customer I've got to bail out
See ya'll next week

If you were cycling tonight, Tony, that would certainly be the case.

If anybody sees my hair I would be delighted to have it back!

PT

PS - well done Claire - the Forum's looking a bit better.

Mmmm.. So you didn't see it when I deleted it all and when everything was squashed on the left then?!

I will fix the numbers tomorrow but I don't dare touch it at the moment as bravenets autogeneratrd style sheets kept messing up and so I have emailed them to ask what i was doing wrong or if there's a bug! Don't dare touch it again til they answer.

Don't you find bravenet a bit awful to use? It's a total pain in the bum and you can't even preview stuff before you make it live!

Well it certainly was a damp doodle, but we've been out in worse.
You should have brought your shampoo, it was fun tonight, if a bit soggy.

Yes I did - twice - but each time I clicked on a post and it seemed to right itself. I guessed that you were editing it at the time, but I guessed wrong, it seems.

Anyway - it looks pretty good now.

PT