Cam MTB - the Cambridge Mountain Bikers' Forum

Click on the "return to website" button to see our new website with loads more details of who we are, where and when we ride and much more.

DISCLAIMER. MOUNTAIN BIKING CAN BE DANGEROUS. YOU JOIN US AT YOUR OWN RISK.

SAFETY BRIEFING.

• Wear a helmet. Despite recent advances in medical science, brains still cannot be mended nor replaced.
  • Wear gloves or mitts. Hands often hit the ground first. Cuts and grazes invite infection and a hospital visit.
  • Wear eye protection, it only takes a twig or thorn to lose an eye. Crud catchers are a good idea in mucky weather.
  • When downhilling, for your own protection, allow plenty of space behind the rider in front.
  • Bring a bare minimum emergency tool kit and a spare inner tube.
  • Breakdowns are a bore. Plan not to have any by ensuring your bike is in perfect working order.
  • Punctures are also tedious. You can minimise them by fitting latex tubes, slime tubes or running tubeless tyres.

Photo: CAMMTB Winter 2022-23 rides have been posted up - please click on the Runs List link..

CAMMTB Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Swanning around this evening?

The forecast is dry and the wind should have dropped, so looks like a good evening in prospect for the White Swan at Quy. Anyone else?

Richard

Re: Swanning around this evening?

yes, I am coming out. I am also going to endeavour to drink no beer as it made me feel rubbish last week.

Hey,

i'm planning on comming (for the first time in ages) tonight.

Chris

Won't be able to make it tonight, I seem to be coming down with the flu. So I'll try and kill it with Vitamin C and hope for Thursday.

...and I finally have the bike nicely cleaned. :-(

I'll be out, on the no drinking team, though. I'm trying to kill my sniffles with cold air and bracing exercise. What could possibly go wrong? Michael

not out tonight, might head to the pub for a beer however.

Nope - sorry Richard. This week is a write-off with family commitments. Even the weekend is looking dodgy.

Would have been on the moderate beer drinking team too...

PT

I'm already drunk so won't be out. Sold my bike for a helium balloon, a can of vimto and some bin bags. Am planning to jump off the shed roof and stick the video on youtube.

All of the above is untrue, except the bit about not coming out.

Sorry.

I would have been part of the heavy drinking team, had I been in Quy, and not here in darkest Essex. Hope tl be out thurs.