Cam MTB - the Cambridge Mountain Bikers' Forum

Click on the "return to website" button to see our new website with loads more details of who we are, where and when we ride and much more.

DISCLAIMER. MOUNTAIN BIKING CAN BE DANGEROUS. YOU JOIN US AT YOUR OWN RISK.

SAFETY BRIEFING.

• Wear a helmet. Despite recent advances in medical science, brains still cannot be mended nor replaced.
  • Wear gloves or mitts. Hands often hit the ground first. Cuts and grazes invite infection and a hospital visit.
  • Wear eye protection, it only takes a twig or thorn to lose an eye. Crud catchers are a good idea in mucky weather.
  • When downhilling, for your own protection, allow plenty of space behind the rider in front.
  • Bring a bare minimum emergency tool kit and a spare inner tube.
  • Breakdowns are a bore. Plan not to have any by ensuring your bike is in perfect working order.
  • Punctures are also tedious. You can minimise them by fitting latex tubes, slime tubes or running tubeless tyres.

Photo: CAMMTB Winter 2022-23 rides have been posted up - please click on the Runs List link..

CAMMTB Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
The Six Bells - ding dong!

It should be no surprise that I will be out tonight, I shall roll home after the pub.

Who else?

Re: The Six Bells - ding dong!

It probably would have been more helpful to post that I will be joining you in this post!!

Excellent, let's confuse everyone with the Claire/Clare thing!

Think I might be along for a ride

I don't exist, other than to cause even more Claire/Clare confusion.

I will be out tonight disguised as Pasty Tom. Who will be able to tell?

C.

Just thought I would keep in touch (It's Brian of the "Mud" post). I've made a few adjustments, got new lights, removed the shopping basket (and the streamers) and field trials through some serious mud this week have went well:-) My new mud tyres just arrived today so all going well I hope to turn up soon. Going out solo tonight.

I won't be off-roading but will prob see you at the pub.

Not out but might roll to the pub for a beer

Apologies, I was really looking forward to both the bike ride and the Claire/Clare confusion; however the shoulder had other ideas. Hope to be out soon once the collarbone hardware has settled back in, or out!!

Brian
Just thought I would keep in touch (It's Brian of the "Mud" post). I've made a few adjustments, got new lights, removed the shopping basket (and the streamers) and field trials through some serious mud this week have went well:-) My new mud tyres just arrived today so all going well I hope to turn up soon. Going out solo tonight.

'But what shall we call him?' cried the huddled masses, and waited patiently for a wise response. And after a while their patience was rewarded.
'I have given it much thought, and am made up in my mind. Henceforth he shall be known as "Brian of the Mudpost".' decreed the King of CamMTB whose wisdom was unsurpassed even by Solomon...

So, Brian of the Mudpost, with that level of fettling going on, you can probably put off actually coming out until January or February!

See you soon, I hope.
Dom

P.S. What is a mudpost?