Cam MTB - the Cambridge Mountain Bikers' Forum

Click on the "return to website" button to see our new website with loads more details of who we are, where and when we ride and much more.

DISCLAIMER. MOUNTAIN BIKING CAN BE DANGEROUS. YOU JOIN US AT YOUR OWN RISK.

SAFETY BRIEFING.

• Wear a helmet. Despite recent advances in medical science, brains still cannot be mended nor replaced.
  • Wear gloves or mitts. Hands often hit the ground first. Cuts and grazes invite infection and a hospital visit.
  • Wear eye protection, it only takes a twig or thorn to lose an eye. Crud catchers are a good idea in mucky weather.
  • When downhilling, for your own protection, allow plenty of space behind the rider in front.
  • Bring a bare minimum emergency tool kit and a spare inner tube.
  • Breakdowns are a bore. Plan not to have any by ensuring your bike is in perfect working order.
  • Punctures are also tedious. You can minimise them by fitting latex tubes, slime tubes or running tubeless tyres.

Photo: CAMMTB Winter 2022-23 rides have been posted up - please click on the Runs List link..

CAMMTB Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Ride Hadleigh Farm before it gets tamed...

Your only chance to ride a proper Olympic MTB Course before it gets turned into something less...

http://www.essexlegacy.org/olympic-venues/hadleigh-farm/can-i-ride-the-mountain-bike-course/

Re: Ride Hadleigh Farm before it gets tamed...

That looks fun - perhaps we should book a group session to avoid being outclassed by some hardcore bastards!

PT

Are we not hardcore bastards then?

MT

Oh man, I want to do this!

http://www.essexlegacy.org/olympic-venues/hadleigh-farm/can-i-ride-the-mountain-bike-course/
here it is a link for those who don't want to copy and paste

Yes let's do it. Looks as though some dates already filling up, but e.g. Sun 9th Dec has 9 spaces left, and 16th Dec has all 14 spaces available.
Any preferences as to dates?

I am trying to sort out a babysitter so both Ade and I can come, I think we will be restricted by what date we can get a babysitter for.

Also it won't be the weekend of the 9th for us as we are busy.

OK Ade and I are on for the 15th December.

YAHOOOO. I'm gonna book now.

What does "be an experienced and capable mountain bike rider who rides regularly and has completed “black” grade trails at other UK trail centres or you have other appropriate coaching or skills qualifications" mean? (Ok I understand it (I'm not quite as thick as the mud by the Cam last night), but if you've never bee to a UK trail centre, and my US racing license is long gone (and was only a pice of paper for insurance anyway), what might they require?)

I think it means " no total mincers allowed". Yikes!

When you say "total" mincers....

I'm in! Mincer or not.

And I can give rides to some if needed. Just looked up the location of Hadleigh Farm, which I had assumed was close to the Olypmic Park (it's not). My truck can take 3-4 people (plus me) and bikes/gear. Let me know if you want to carpool.