Cam MTB - the Cambridge Mountain Bikers' Forum

Click on the "return to website" button to see our new website with loads more details of who we are, where and when we ride and much more.

DISCLAIMER. MOUNTAIN BIKING CAN BE DANGEROUS. YOU JOIN US AT YOUR OWN RISK.

SAFETY BRIEFING.

• Wear a helmet. Despite recent advances in medical science, brains still cannot be mended nor replaced.
  • Wear gloves or mitts. Hands often hit the ground first. Cuts and grazes invite infection and a hospital visit.
  • Wear eye protection, it only takes a twig or thorn to lose an eye. Crud catchers are a good idea in mucky weather.
  • When downhilling, for your own protection, allow plenty of space behind the rider in front.
  • Bring a bare minimum emergency tool kit and a spare inner tube.
  • Breakdowns are a bore. Plan not to have any by ensuring your bike is in perfect working order.
  • Punctures are also tedious. You can minimise them by fitting latex tubes, slime tubes or running tubeless tyres.

Photo: CAMMTB Winter 2022-23 rides have been posted up - please click on the Runs List link..

CAMMTB Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Thetford Tuesday

So I'm still a newby. What's the arrangement timing location etc for Thetford on Tuesday.

Anyone other than not-sick Mark T going?

Thanks! Michael

Re: Thetford Tuesday

I'm up for a Thetford mission.

We meet at Brandon Country Park (not Thetford High Lodge) at 745pm for an 8pm start.
It's later than usual to allow people to get there, and there's no pub stop, so usually an early-ish finish (1030pm-ish)

Brandon Country Park is found by turning left at the Elvedon (Center Parcs) crossroads on the A11, and driving about 3 miles until you see a sign for the 'Nursing Home' and 'Country Park' on your left. We'll be milling around wondering if anyone else is going to turn up...

Probably best to post on the day if you're planning on coming so we don't miss you.

Weather forecast looks good for tonight.

Is anyone going to make the effort tonight?

Anyone definitely going to Thetford tonight? It is likely to be muddy, but so is everywhere else, at least it shouldn't be raining...

Re: Is anyone going to make the effort tonight?

As discussed with Paul already, I am giving it a miss tonight in the hope that my sniffles clear up in time for the weekend.

Conditions in Thetford are pretty wet, but the old Red Route should hold up ok, and there are always plenty of other options...

I just can't face it myself...

I'm not able to head out to Thetford tonight, unfortunately. Have fun, though

Local alternative ride

Given the miserable conditions I think I'm going to ride locally this evening rather than drag myself to Thetford. Probably aim to end up in Grantchester to give an easy ride home.

If anyone is interested I will be at Brookside at 7.30

Not out tonight-like others, struggling to shake a cold off.

Re: Local alternative ride

Given the lack of interest I will give Thetford a miss also I think. Unless there is some one with a bit more knowledge of Thetford that can show me the hidden gems and wants a lift out there.