Cam MTB - the Cambridge Mountain Bikers' Forum

Click on the "return to website" button to see our new website with loads more details of who we are, where and when we ride and much more.

DISCLAIMER. MOUNTAIN BIKING CAN BE DANGEROUS. YOU JOIN US AT YOUR OWN RISK.

SAFETY BRIEFING.

• Wear a helmet. Despite recent advances in medical science, brains still cannot be mended nor replaced.
  • Wear gloves or mitts. Hands often hit the ground first. Cuts and grazes invite infection and a hospital visit.
  • Wear eye protection, it only takes a twig or thorn to lose an eye. Crud catchers are a good idea in mucky weather.
  • When downhilling, for your own protection, allow plenty of space behind the rider in front.
  • Bring a bare minimum emergency tool kit and a spare inner tube.
  • Breakdowns are a bore. Plan not to have any by ensuring your bike is in perfect working order.
  • Punctures are also tedious. You can minimise them by fitting latex tubes, slime tubes or running tubeless tyres.

Photo: CAMMTB Winter 2022-23 rides have been posted up - please click on the Runs List link..

CAMMTB Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Tickell Arms

Am planning to ride. Don't wait if I am not there at 7.30. I may be late back in which case I will go to the pub (via Abington Park Farm and Chesterford).

Cheers

Tom R

Re: Tickell Arms

Planning to ride tonight, if only to see how a load of muddy bikers are received at a posh nosh pub like the Tickell

Richard

I'll be riding.

I checked out the Enviroment Agency Flood Warnings and there are none for the Cam, Granta and Rhee. But I bet we'll find a flood if we try hard enough.

Cold and icy tonight? Time for Pat's ice-spikers!

PT

Not tonight unfortunately as I have to get up in the morning. Missing the Tickell Arms too, save me a few scratchings for next week would you?

Oh Tony, my heart would bleed, apart from the fact you are getting up early tomorrow to COME RIDING!

I am not out tonight as I am also getting up early in the morning to go to the North Downs, hurrah!

PS. Richard we were very well received in the Tickell Arms last time we went! WE might be a bit muddier this time of year though.

I'm hoping to be out as well.

I'm planning to be out. Cant miss the Tickell. Had lunch there last Friday, good choice of ales. I think we'll be at the opposite end of the pub to the posh diners.

Pete

Unfortunately I can't make it which has hacked me off somewhat!What with the weather last week,I'm now struggling to shake off the manflu!!I honestly did enjoy my first ride with you guys a couple of weeks ago so these aren't excuses,just annoying circumstances.Enjoy the rides and hopefully I'll be along next Thursday.